Register Now
killamch89

Which processors will dominate 2019? AMD or Intel?

AMD or Intel  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which processors will dominate 2019?

• AMD
    • INTEL

If anyone was paying attention to Intel's CES presentation, you would have noticed that they are basically selling the same processors with a slightly higher clock speed for exorbitant prices as usual, while AMD processors keep on evolving. Intel are suffering badly because they became complacent and then BAM! - Zen came along and started roasting them.

I think Intel seems to be dominating the student and the business editions of the PC and laptops. Only the gamers seems to be using the AMD for some time now. I can tell you that it can be pretty effective to check out  some of the processor upgades since i7 6th generation. But based on recent graphics improvement. I think AMD may catch up soon as well. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think Intel seems to be dominating the student and the business editions of the PC and laptops. Only the gamers seems to be using the AMD for some time now. I can tell you that it can be pretty effective to check out  some of the processor upgades since i7 6th generation. But based on recent graphics improvement. I think AMD may catch up soon as well. 

AMD has already caught up to Intel since the release of the Zen Processors last year and the processors coming out in July-August will completely blow Intel out of the water because they will be WAY more powerful than the previous Zen chips.

Yes in fact the processors reviews are good. And they may even catch up more quickly on the gaming front from what I have seen. I guess who knows in near future they may even target other industries. And if they can manage the heat and other issues. Things would be surely making better for both the companies. I think for now this year it is kind of undecided who is at the top.