Register Now
UleTheVee

Fortnite V-Bucks used for Money Laundring

It's interesting that they're writing articles about this because it's happened for a long time but I guess Fortnite is popular right now so these news outlets want to get as many views as possible. It's not easy to prevent thing really from Epic's side. I believe account selling is against the terms & conditions of most games anyone so I'm sure eBay or whatever platform they are using to sell these accounts on could help though.

These type of money laundering has been around for quite awhile. Even from shooter games like BlackShot. I just cannot fathom why people are so into fortnite and this is happening right now. Just what is it about this dumb rip-off game that's got people so hooked I can never understand.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, DarthHazard said:

It's interesting that they're writing articles about this because it's happened for a long time but I guess Fortnite is popular right now so these news outlets want to get as many views as possible. It's not easy to prevent thing really from Epic's side. I believe account selling is against the terms & conditions of most games anyone so I'm sure eBay or whatever platform they are using to sell these accounts on could help though.

10 hours ago, CruiserX said:

These type of money laundering has been around for quite awhile. Even from shooter games like BlackShot. I just cannot fathom why people are so into fortnite and this is happening right now. Just what is it about this dumb rip-off game that's got people so hooked I can never understand.

I get it, guys. It's been going on for a while.

I am asking what your thoughts were about the issue XD

Not surprised. Most of the games are used for money laundering and fr communication with the extremists. That is something that is affecting many game developers too. It can be pretty tough either way in such case. I personally don't see this to be changing. New game with same stuff may also keep on getting added.