Register Now
UleTheVee

Verizon wants to Stream Games like Netflix

It will be interesting to see how it goes. Personally, if something like this were to happen, Verizon is probably the one company that I wouldn't go with especially as someone from the UK (chances are it wouldn't even be available to us). But yeah, it will be a long time away really. The way internet speeds work right now, it just wouldn't be suitable for cloud gaming or streaming games at all.

53 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

It will be interesting to see how it goes. Personally, if something like this were to happen, Verizon is probably the one company that I wouldn't go with especially as someone from the UK (chances are it wouldn't even be available to us). But yeah, it will be a long time away really. The way internet speeds work right now, it just wouldn't be suitable for cloud gaming or streaming games at all.

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of enhancements once the fabled 5G Technology reaches our neanderthal hands...

No, I couldn't even keep a straight face.

Interesting that these companies all want to get a piece of this. I knew that game streaming was a thing but apparently these bigger companies are starting to see a market for it. I just read an article this morning that said Google just ran a project where they ran a test of running a newer Assassins Creed game through a game streaming service they're experimenting with.

4 hours ago, DanTheGamer said:

Interesting that these companies all want to get a piece of this. I knew that game streaming was a thing but apparently these bigger companies are starting to see a market for it. I just read an article this morning that said Google just ran a project where they ran a test of running a newer Assassins Creed game through a game streaming service they're experimenting with.

The times they are changing. Everyone is now aware that the gaming market is a very important one.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:28 PM, UleTheVee said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of enhancements once the fabled 5G Technology reaches our neanderthal hands...

No, I couldn't even keep a straight face.

5G? Do you mean that thing that would need way more radioactive antennas and electricity to run? That thing won't be mainstream for at least another 4 years and before anyone talks about how fast technology advances, let me tell you this - 5G has nowhere near the range of 4g technology so it will be a backward step. Simple things like the breeze or an umbrella can completely disrupt your 5g network. The "5G" that AT&T claims to offer is actually 4G - that's right, they are liars.

Let's face the fact, nobody wants to pay money to watch someone else play the game. Free streaming is what people need. And twitch and Youtube gaming gives them just that. Why would anyone want to pay for those game streaming. I understand that verizon wants to bypass the net neutrality and overtake on the user interest. So I think this surely will be challenged.