Register Now
Alexander.

Impact on the internet - Brexit

No one really knows what's happening with Brexit, here in the UK. If a no deal ends up happening, how will this affect the gaming industry? Will EU Servers be blocked and will Article 13 be implemented? Share your view below.  This could have a huge impact on companies profits aswell as are all important hobby, gaming.

#SaveYourInternet!

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I don't think that the gaming industry would be impacted that much. We might have a few situations where developers decide to move their offices away from UK due to potential issues with finding employees. But that's about it really. The servers and such will not be impacted no matter what. Not sure where you heard that from but that would never happen. 

18 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I don't think that the gaming industry would be impacted that much. We might have a few situations where developers decide to move their offices away from UK due to potential issues with finding employees. But that's about it really. The servers and such will not be impacted no matter what. Not sure where you heard that from but that would never happen. 

Would this make employees redundant and the demand for Jobs higher for the gaming industry? No one really knows what the outcome of Brexit will be in the next few months, I guess it's a waiting game. What do you think will happen? 

6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Would this make employees redundant and the demand for Jobs higher for the gaming industry? No one really knows what the outcome of Brexit will be in the next few months, I guess it's a waiting game. What do you think will happen? 

No one knows what Brexit will be and that's the huge problem. I honestly don't think that the gaming industry will be impacted that much. The chances of employees being made redundant are very slim although their might be a higher demand for employees in the gaming industry in the coming years. Even then, I think gaming employees tend to be high skilled so they won't after problems coming to the UK even after Brexit.

Article 13 from the EU affects content creators primarily - According to what I read, an aspect of the law forbids the use of another person's content whether they received permission from the original owner or not. There are some other aspects I didn't quite understand but that was what I read(correct me if I am wrong.).

From what I have seen taxes and the salaries of the oversees folks in the game development got affected. And the internet based distribution companies too have faced the tax related issues. I think gaming companies may not face much of the heat but the banks are going to get the most heat and they may end up with the issues related to tax and the compliance which may push down below on small business, gaming companies etc.