Jump to content
Register Now
kingpotato

COD Black Ops 4 Blackout Trial

Recommended Posts

I've been playing the trial for the last week, its very good and it was my first battle royale experience. But I'm not going to purchase it, the 40$ dollar price tag is not bad , but that means I have to pay the monthly PS subscription and I dont have much time to be playing online everyday, besides I'm very bad at the game, but it has been very fun and its a very well made game. (Most of the Blackout mode is a copy of PUBG thats what I heard)
Tell me your opinion , Do you own or have you played COD Black Ops 4 ? or are you planning on getting the game ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say that it is a copy of PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds. It's a Battle Royale so obviously there are going to be a lot of similarities but for me, Blackout is much better than Player Unknown. The thing with PUBG is that it is full of problems and I don't think the developers have gone the right direction with the game. Blackout has been well built and it's actually quite interesting to play. But I did return my copy of BO4. I couldn't justify the price either especially when the only thing I liked was Blackout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I'm not into Battle Royale so it's not for me, but it seems like a solid enough mode. Is it worth the full price though? Eeeehhh...

They really should have released the BR mode as a separate thing. I understand why they did it because there was no way people were going to buy Black Ops 4 for just multiplayer and zombies. But it just would have been so much better because I like it but could not justify the price tag. The multiplayer is meh and the lack of a story mode is awful. Zombies never interested me so that was never something I would try out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

They really should have released the BR mode as a separate thing. I understand why they did it because there was no way people were going to buy Black Ops 4 for just multiplayer and zombies. But it just would have been so much better because I like it but could not justify the price tag. The multiplayer is meh and the lack of a story mode is awful. Zombies never interested me so that was never something I would try out.

I pretty much agree with all of this. Black Ops 4 is a really average game, way more than previous games in my opinion. Even if the recent games have been very polarizing they have at least given players some value and interesting stuff for their money. Black Ops 4 just feels like a massive ripoff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I pretty much agree with all of this. Black Ops 4 is a really average game, way more than previous games in my opinion. Even if the recent games have been very polarizing they have at least given players some value and interesting stuff for their money. Black Ops 4 just feels like a massive ripoff.

That's without even taking their microtransactions into consideration. They tried to take everything that has been great about Fortnite but managed to incorporate it in the worst way. The game looks stupid with all these damn skins and weird face paints. I miss the good old days of COD. It's a shame because they had a chance to convince me to move over to COD again because BF was especially disappointing this year but they failed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DarthHazard said:

That's without even taking their microtransactions into consideration. They tried to take everything that has been great about Fortnite but managed to incorporate it in the worst way. The game looks stupid with all these damn skins and weird face paints. I miss the good old days of COD. It's a shame because they had a chance to convince me to move over to COD again because BF was especially disappointing this year but they failed.

I don't mind cosmetic DLC as long as the game is fun enough to make me wanna actually spend money on it. Black Ops 4 is just too mediocre for me to feel it's worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 7:06 PM, kingpotato said:

I've been playing the trial for the last week, its very good and it was my first battle royale experience. But I'm not going to purchase it, the 40$ dollar price tag is not bad , but that means I have to pay the monthly PS subscription and I dont have much time to be playing online everyday, besides I'm very bad at the game, but it has been very fun and its a very well made game. (Most of the Blackout mode is a copy of PUBG thats what I heard)
Tell me your opinion , Do you own or have you played COD Black Ops 4 ? or are you planning on getting the game ?

Did you know that a couple weeks after the official launch, Activision added microtransactions to the game. It is a very poor game - basically the previous COD with slightly better graphics but it is pretty much the same game. I will not touch another Activision/EA title until they stop trying to monetize every god damn thing in their games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 4:49 PM, killamch89 said:

Did you know that a couple weeks after the official launch, Activision added microtransactions to the game. It is a very poor game - basically the previous COD with slightly better graphics but it is pretty much the same game. I will not touch another Activision/EA title until they stop trying to monetize every god damn thing in their games.

In retrospective , this game lost a lot of momentum because of the microtransactions. I enjoyed yes, but the fact that you have first pay the 40 dollars for the game , plus paying for the cosmetics its not worth it, At least Apex and Fortnite are free and they offer pretty much the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

In retrospective , this game lost a lot of momentum because of the microtransactions. I enjoyed yes, but the fact that you have first pay the 40 dollars for the game , plus paying for the cosmetics its not worth it, At least Apex and Fortnite are free and they offer pretty much the same.

At this point, EA, Bethesda, and Activision are all duking it out for greediest gaming company of the year. 99.5% of the negative gaming industry news is about these 3 companies and their disgusting anti-consumer practices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killamch89 said:

At this point, EA, Bethesda, and Activision are all duking it out for greediest gaming company of the year. 99.5% of the negative gaming industry news is about these 3 companies and their disgusting anti-consumer practices.

Well one thing is for sure, they keep doing it because there are many people still paying for the games and microtransactions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...