Register Now
Alexander.

PC Warranty

I purchased my PC last year and it comes with a full extended year protection. I never really believed in warranties for electrical purchases until now. I purchased my Laptop from Currys PC World in September, in 2018.

The employee said the damaged wasn't caused by liquid alternatively it was because of typing excessively which caused a fault in the keyboard? There is an option to renew it for another 3 years for £15.00 a month when it expires. I'm considering of renewal as I need it for my self employed free lance work. The repair would cost me £160.00 + Labour and parts so it's probably worth thinking about.

What's your view on warranties, do you have one and have you ever had to use it?

50583656_320929725195390_5283548121907855360_n.thumb.jpg.4397a8137c2806a8c5352d1e36cef204.jpg

First typing excessively should not be much of an issue. Each new keyboard these days can handle more type hits than the old keyboards. I think for console 1 year warranty is a must. Plus there can be extended year warranty. But for the PC, I think there should be minimum 2 year warranty. And some components should be repaired into that. Not having warranty or having the components break after the warranty can be pretty difficult in that case. 

I have used a warranty only once when I received a PC with a faulty motherboard when I much younger. Warranties are really useful but you need to read it carefully to fully understand what circumstances does the warranty apply and what can void it. I see you mentioned that the warranty renewal will be 15 dollars a month for 3 years which comes up to 540 while repairing it is 160 + labour and parts which I suspect would be around 300 dollars. I find it odd that typing too much on a laptop keyboard would do that because I also type a lot on my Acer Gaming laptop as well and I have never encountered such an issue. As @skyfire mentioned, keyboards especially on laptops are designed to take a pounding so they should repair your laptop no questions asked because that is a faulty laptop keyboard because no laptop keyboard I know is supposed to break from something like that.