Register Now
Alexander.

Linux or Windows?

Linux or Windows for Gaming  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Linux or Windows

• Linux
    • Windows

Windows or Linux, tell me what operating system do you currently have installed? I have been using Windows for nearly a decade now and without question, it's better for gaming. Windows has a wide variety of high end games and Linux doesn't. Vote in the Poll and let's see which operating system gets the most votes.

I have used Linux but honestly I keep coming back to Windows. Not just because of the gaming but most of the software work out of the blue on Mac and Windows. Something which is harder to work on the Linux. I'd say if you are serious about gaming then better stick with console and Windows. Because you never know what software you may need. Linux seems to be lacking on that. 

Linux has nowhere near the same level of integration and features as Windows and isn't a stable gaming platform. As @UleTheVee mentioned Linux shines at programming and nothing else. Until the developers can get their platform to rival the functionality and integration of Windows and to an extent a Mac, then Windows will always be the go-to choice for PC gaming.

Most of the games that I have purchased does not support Linux. I have mostly purchased those as box versions. I do know that there are some of the options for linux games in the Steam and the Humble bundle. But I don't own a lot of humble bundle games and also the steam shops version of games I own are for Windows version only. So that kind of limits me with gaming on Windows alone. 

On 1/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, JoyFreak said:

I voted windows simply because I have been using this OS since I got my hands on one and I cannot see myself using anything else!

Windows for me too! You get rest of mind making use of Windows.  I am not saying that Linux is not great, but I prefer windows. 

Why not both use windows as a host and Linux in a VM. If you game use windows yes gaming is slowly coming Linux but it's no where close to windows support. Me.. I use Windows 11 anyway and been using it for years and years since the start, What options if you need to use programs 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I prefer any one provided it brings quality gaming and other amazing features. Unfortunately for me, I can't afford either Linus or windows, I am going for cheaper laptop via Lenovo. 

Do you mean you can't have Windows on your Lenovo? What Operating system do Lenovo use? These are the questions you should ask when getting your next PC to ensure you get value for money spent. 

14 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Do you mean you can't have Windows on your Lenovo? What Operating system do Lenovo use? These are the questions you should ask when getting your next PC to ensure you get value for money spent. 

I see that Lenovo is operating on Windows model, which is windows operating system. And the price is quite affordable for me as brand new, around $280. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see that Lenovo is operating on Windows model, which is windows operating system. And the price is quite affordable for me as brand new, around $280. 

That's a fair price. I will also want to add that when you notice that people that used that particular brand gave good reviews, then that is a good sign to make your orders from there.

3 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

That's a fair price. I will also want to add that when you notice that people that used that particular brand gave good reviews, then that is a good sign to make your orders from there.

Yeah, I'm still learning about the PC, at this moment their is no negative found around the Lenovo laptop. I'll go for it, when I am completely satisfied sooner.