Register Now
StaceyPowers

Which Games Have Intuitive/Unintuitive Controls?

As someone who is a bit executive function-challenged, one of the things that gets me killed repeatedly in video games is when I switch from game A to game B, and I keep pressing the controls for game A in game B. 

Anyway, which games do you all feel have the most intuitive controls? And which annoy you by totally reversing things on you?

Personally, I like the defaults for Skyrim and Fallout with the triangle for jump, the X for use, the square for drop, etc. I've noticed similar controls in other games. But now and again I pick up a game where things are completely switched around, and it drives me crazy.

On that note, I love how The Last of Us continually reminds you of what buttons to push, but does so in a subtle, unobtrusive way.

Edited by StaceyPowers

Yep, I find Skyrim and Fallout super intuituve as well. For me, I find Call Of Duty really natural control-wise. Just feels like second nature now. 

A game with awkward controls I can think of from recent memory is Red Dead Redemption 2, but to be fair, I just played it over a friend’s house for about 30 minutes so take that comment with a pinch of salt, lol.