Register Now
DC

What book would make an awesome video game?

Both of these book series have been popularized in other mediums at this point but I think Game of Thrones and Harry Potter are both series that could benefit from a true top-tier game.  The Harry Potter games have been mostly underwhelming in my opinion and I would love to have a good one that isn't focused on being built around one book or movie but just a good game in the wizarding world.  For Game of Thrones I really want a Skyrim-esque RPG set it westeros where you build your character, pick a house, and just get to explore that world.  I am also a big fan of Orson Scott Card's books like Ender's Game and its sequals.  Not sure how they would translate to a game exactly, but perhaps something in the Mass Effect realm where you are exploring space and battling the Formics. 

I'm sure Ready Player One would lend itself well to a video game thanks to its plethora of pop culture nods. Also, Stephen King's IT, The Shining and The Mist would make awesome horror games.

On that thought, why the heck hasn't there been a proper Stephen King video game adaptation??

10 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

I think if done properly game of thrones could be a very huge game series. Which given its popularity I'm surprised it hasn't gotten a huge game.

Telltale made a Game Of Thrones game but it's definitely one of their weaker series. I agree, though, some kind of Oblivion or The Witcher-esque Game Of Thrones RPG would be dope as hell.

Seriously, I believe that The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway which had a storyline about World War 1 veteran whose war injury rendered him impotent was trying to find a way to enjoy living post the war would make an incredible video game.