Register Now
CruiserX

God Of War PS4

Just finished the game. Spoilers in what I’m about to say, obviously.

Every time parts of the world opened up I would explore them fully before moving on to the next story mission. I mostly used the axe for everything. I fought as many Valkyrie as I could before progressing the story. Getting the Chaos Blades was amazing, but by that point I’d killed 4 or 5 Valkyrie so I had my preferred style of fighting with the axe already sorted.

I explored Musphelheim and Nihfelheim (spelling ?) and was thrilled to find Valkyrie in both worlds. Haven’t done the extra challenging stuff in those places yet.

Fought and killed the Valkyrie queen, who wasn’t too tough as I had their battle styles memorised by them n and she just uses them all combined.

Then lit the lanterns and got the enchantment to reduce damage from Valkyrie haha Atreus says “this would have helped during our battles against the Valkyrie”. Cracked me up. Didn’t matter too much though as you can’t die if they don’t hit you 😉

After finishing the game (which was brilliant) it suggested I search for the Valkyrie and explore the other locked worlds, but I’ve done that already. I went home and slept and saw the teaser for the next game which has me very excited. I’m hoping I can find Freya with her wings somewhere as the head said she’d spoken to him. I’ll visit her house tonight to see if she’s there and wants to fight.

I didn’t think the fight against Boldur at the end was the final boss. I was obviously way OP by then with Valkyrie armour and some Ivaldi armour from Nifelheim. My axe and blades were maxed as well. His battle was very easy. The ending itself was quite peaceful.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. I would recommend to everyone to explore the world fully each time it opens up to you. Do the Valkyrie fights early like I did. The game would be repetitive fighting the same drogur over and over with sparse boss fights that are all quite similar too. The Valkyrie break that up and add an extra challenge to the story as you progress.

9.5/10

15 hours ago, Bravosi said:

I kinda abandoned God of War since part 2 on my PS2. Should I catch up with the series?

Definitively , God of War 3 was a great conclusion for the trilogy and God of War PS4 is a master piece. If I where you I will skip the prequel God of war  Ascension , its not bad but its very average, but the PSP prequels are good though.

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Definitively , God of War 3 was a great conclusion for the trilogy and God of War PS4 is a master piece. If I where you I will skip the prequel God of war  Ascension , its not bad but its very average, but the PSP prequels are good though.

What about the plot? I heard Kratos has a son now? xD

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, you should play the games I dont want to spoil the story

It's that interesting? God of War was always without a plot for me as a child. It was just some big dude killing deities. xD