Register Now
Broady2852

What are your gaming news sources?

I used to have a magazine subscription to PC Gamer back in the day but these days I look on the web for stuff. So besides browsing through the vast information available here, which i have found very informative to say the least, and I know there's probably a ton of other sites that I can look at so I wondered what you all use to keep up to speed with life in the PC and Gaming world. Game Geeks News is fairly new but does contain some interesting articles. Anything else you would recommend?

I currently use Euro Gamer and Game Geeks News besides VGR

I used to have a Subscription also for Nintendo Power when I was a kid (well my parents had the subscription) , I believe we had the subscription for at least 3-4 years I still have most of my old magazines at my parents home. Now days I will check with IGN , Kotaku or any gaming website online.

I have subscribed to IGN and Machinama. Those two sources are good enough. I can't check every new site out there. Because that only increases the feed clutter on facebook. I have also joined few channales on Instagram but most of them are not much worth it for the gaming. IGN can keep you updated with most of the gaming news out there. So that site alone is worth it. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have subscribed to IGN and Machinama. Those two sources are good enough. I can't check every new site out there. Because that only increases the feed clutter on facebook. I have also joined few channales on Instagram but most of them are not much worth it for the gaming. IGN can keep you updated with most of the gaming news out there. So that site alone is worth it. 

The issue I have with IGN at times though is that they tend to show bias towards some entities and I just want the raw facts.

I used to be very active reader of the gamespot. Then things changed. Now I am not even aware of what happened to the site. I do however make sure to try sites like VGR, IGN, Machinama and few other small gaming sources like CNET etc. Those games are not that bad. However I think it's always better to check out youtube for new games news that way you can keep yourself updated. 

VGR's homepage is my primary source for news. The internet is a great invention as you can keep yourself updated and find out anything you want to in a matter of seconds. Other media websites I use include, BBC News, YouTube, Twitter and Reddit.  It's vital to make sure the published report is factual and isn't fake.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think if you are into game news then better avoid anything with SJW supportive content. That can surely affect the society. I'd say those who are into gaming should check out the videos which show the gameplay and the news of upcoming games. Because not all the time those type of game sources can be good for people. So sites like polygon and others can be really bad.