Register Now
kingpotato

Next Star Wars game

EA recently canceled the upcoming open world StarWars game , it is very sad to hear specially when the only AAA Starwars game are the Battlefront series which to be honest are not that good, Multiplayer is great but Single player is awful , no to mention the Micro transactions. EA has a 10 year minimum contract for the License since 2013. They already confirmed that the Next StarWars game will be for the New Console Generation.
What are your hopes or predictions for the next Star Wars game ?

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

EA recently canceled the upcoming open world StarWars game , it is very sad to hear specially when the only AAA Starwars game are the Battlefront series which to be honest are not that good, Multiplayer is great but Single player is awful , no to mention the Micro transactions. EA has a 10 year minimum contract for the License since 2013. They already confirmed that the Next StarWars game will be for the New Console Generation.
What are your hopes or predictions for the next Star Wars game ?

First off. A game that isn't made by EA as Disney will probably revoke the licensing deal in a few years.

Secondly, a rebranding/rehiring for LucasArts.

Wait, there was an open world star wars game being worked on/planned? The worst thing that ever happened to the franchise was the license being given to EA really. Hopefully, Disney takes away the license from them but I seriously doubt that. I don't mind the game being planned for next gen since it's only a year or two away anyway so hopefully the game will be amazing (*fingers crossed*) on next gen.

2 hours ago, Alyxx said:

We really need another good single player story driven game in the universe...

The thing is EA doesn't believe in games that can't input microtransactions into the game so single-player games are a no-go for them. Hell, an EA executive said the same thing last year that they believed the single-player game market was "dead". Yet, last year saw a whole lot of single-player game success - RDR2, God Of War, Spiderman among others really killed it last year. EA is so out of touch with their consumer base that they will always disappoint - Anthem is already having problems and the just launched the demo a couple days ago and the game officially launches in 2 weeks.

25 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is EA doesn't believe in games that can't input microtransactions into the game so single-player games are a no-go for them. Hell, an EA executive said the same thing last year that they believed the single-player game market was "dead". Yet, last year saw a whole lot of single-player game success - RDR2, God Of War, Spiderman among others really killed it last year. EA is so out of touch with their consumer base that they will always disappoint - Anthem is already having problems and the just launched the demo a couple days ago and the game officially launches in 2 weeks.

Yeah their policy is stupid. They should be focusing on the single player market as well in my opinion. Anthem isn't a bad game  though and I definitely enjoyed the demo (when it was working at least) so I still have hopes for it.

3 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah their policy is stupid. They should be focusing on the single player market as well in my opinion. Anthem isn't a bad game  though and I definitely enjoyed the demo (when it was working at least) so I still have hopes for it.

I just feel like EA is going to do an EA and screw the game up entirely after release.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I just feel like EA is going to do an EA and screw the game up entirely after release.

I'm remaining optimistic given BioWare's so far transparent relationship with the fans. I refuse to stay that cynical to be honest.

Edited by Alyxx

15 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I'm remaining optimistic given BioWare's so far transparent relationship with the fans. I refuse to stay that cynical to be honest.

I've been burnt too many times by EA to be optimistic. I'll wait a month or two before I make any decision regarding this game.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I've been burnt too many times by EA to be optimistic. I'll wait a month or two before I make any decision regarding this game.

Hopefully you'll read my review when I write it ^_^

Just now, killamch89 said:

Of course, I will read it because you make excellent reviews but the fact remains that EA is bound to screw up at some point.

Of course. They have in the past and most likely will continue to. But they have released games I've loved so I remain optimistic.

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Of course. They have in the past and most likely will continue to. But they have released games I've loved so I remain optimistic.

I sincerely hope they don't shut down Bioware if Anthem doesn't do very well because they are also infamous for this kind of practice.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I sincerely hope they don't shut down Bioware if Anthem doesn't do very well because they are also infamous for this kind of practice.

Given the fact that BioWare have been really good at handling the criticism so far, I doubt it.