Register Now
kingpotato

Next Star Wars game

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Given the fact that BioWare have been really good at handling the criticism so far, I doubt it.

I really do want to be optimistic and I do usually approach most things like this but when EA is involved, I keep remembering things like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Mass Effect Andromeda and others and it just completely vanishes.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:22 AM, DarthHazard said:

Wait, there was an open world star wars game being worked on/planned? The worst thing that ever happened to the franchise was the license being given to EA really. Hopefully, Disney takes away the license from them but I seriously doubt that. I don't mind the game being planned for next gen since it's only a year or two away anyway so hopefully the game will be amazing (*fingers crossed*) on next gen.

Yeah apparently it was cancelled since it was a long term project and they wanted a new game in the near future, basically money now not later.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

We need knights of the old republic remake or something similar.

EA and Disney both don't care about that Star Wars License because Disney still doesn't believe in the gaming industry so it is more of a side venture to them. As for EA, they ruin everything they touch so no surprises there.

On 1/27/2019 at 5:54 PM, killamch89 said:

The thing is EA doesn't believe in games that can't input microtransactions into the game so single-player games are a no-go for them. Hell, an EA executive said the same thing last year that they believed the single-player game market was "dead". Yet, last year saw a whole lot of single-player game success - RDR2, God Of War, Spiderman among others really killed it last year. EA is so out of touch with their consumer base that they will always disappoint - Anthem is already having problems and the just launched the demo a couple days ago and the game officially launches in 2 weeks.

I hate EA as much as the next guy but that quote is slightly wrong. I believe the EA executive was talking about games where you follow a story, a sort of linear game. He didn't say that all single player games were dead, especially considering how popular open world based single player games are doing. 

7 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I hate EA as much as the next guy but that quote is slightly wrong. I believe the EA executive was talking about games where you follow a story, a sort of linear game. He didn't say that all single player games were dead, especially considering how popular open world based single player games are doing. 

My mistake but the fact remains that EA will never truly put any effort into a solid solo-player experience simply because they cannot fill it with microtransactions.

The Star Wars franchise is owned and operated by Disney and its subsidairy Lucas Films - so these games can be hard to make, because you have to be in constant contact with Lucas Films and navagating bureaucracy all the time, and this can be difficult, dealing with the complicated approval process.

Edited by Folk Artist

9 minutes ago, Folk Artist said:

The Star Wars franchise is owned and operated by Disney and its subsidairy Lucas Films - so these games can be hard to make, because you have to be in constant contact with Lucas Films and navagating bureaucracy all the time, and this can be difficult dealing with the complicated approval process.

Well not really, EA has the rights to create the Starwars video games (they paid Disney for these rights), so they have the freedom to create any Starwars videogame for the next couple of years. They haven't done a good job though. Lucas-arts the previous studio in charged of making the Starwars games was shutdown by Disney.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

star wars battlefront 2 celebration edition has been announced for 39.99, it will include most cosmetics and playable characters as of date.

Sadly, pretty much the entire player-base will be long gone by now, so this is too little far to late, and single player is not worth that much on its own.

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

Sadly, pretty much the entire player-base will be long gone by now, so this is too little far to late, and single player is not worth that much on its own.

It seems that the player base is slowly coming back due to the updates, (at least thats what I have read on some webpages) true this game had the worst start but the gameplay seems solid enough nowadays.