Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Interesting Video Game Antagonist

Following up on @killamch89 's thread here:  https://www.vgr.com/forum/topic/3524-most-interesting-video-game-protagonist/

Who are some of the most interesting video game antagonists?

I would go with Zachary Hale Comstock in Bioshock Infinite, but saying why would be a spoiler.

I also have enjoyed some of the antagonists in Dragon Age. I've only finished playing through Origins and the DLCs so far, but I found Loghain a well-developed and interesting character, and also the Architect in Awakening. Notably, they're both Well Intentioned Extremists, so I suppose I find those sorts of characters compelling. 

My choice for the most interesting video game antagonist would be Virgil from Devil May Cry 3. Dante's twin brother is such an interesting character because they both wanted to achieve the same goal but he wanted to sacrifice his own brother to attain their father's ultimate power. Unlike Dante, he was very ruthless and calculating and seems apathetic to humans yet we learned later in the story he got a human pregnant and Nero in Devil May Cry 4 came along.

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 springs to mind. He’s essentially a physical and tangible symbolic representation of your guilt. Guilt for what you ask? Well, that would be a major spoiler... so we’ll just leave it at that, lol.

I'd say Virgil from Devil May Cry and Sephiroth from the Final Fantasy. It seems like a good storyline they have and the way they justify the acts that they do is definitely gets you attracted to their characters. I also loved some of the characters from the dawn's characters who turned into Windigo at the end. So there are lot I can think of but often don't remember much on the names.