Register Now
skyfire

Devil May Cry 5 in March 2019

If you have seen IGN's news lately, DMC is coming with it's 5th game this march. It seems they are continuing with Nero instead of the VIrgil character. And there is one more character added in it with Dante. I used to like Virgil's character but it seems like they are moving with having choice to play two heroes. And using those two heroes with two different gameplays for single mission at the end. The gameplay video is 15 minutes long and is very interesting. 

What do you think of this new DMC 5 upcoming game?

On 1/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, skyfire said:

If you have seen IGN's news lately, DMC is coming with it's 5th game this march. It seems they are continuing with Nero instead of the VIrgil character. And there is one more character added in it with Dante. I used to like Virgil's character but it seems like they are moving with having choice to play two heroes. And using those two heroes with two different gameplays for single mission at the end. The gameplay video is 15 minutes long and is very interesting. 

As a long time fan of the series, I am kind of looking forward to it and I hope we finally of learn the connection between Virgil and Nero.

10 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Here's hoping Capcom doesn't botch this one up too bad. They already are kind of doing so with the microtransactions but maybe not botch it up too bad?

I mean outside of charging for potential DLCs, what else can they really charge you for. It is a single-player game so microtransaction models will definitely not work with this style of game.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:55 AM, killamch89 said:

As a long time fan of the series, I am kind of looking forward to it and I hope we finally of learn the connection between Virgil and Nero.

Me too. I have no idea on how that connection appears. But based on last game. it seems like they are creating the good boy version of dante. And it is possible that virgil may never appear in the game. Some wikia topics say that he is son of the virgil. I am not sure on that point, maybe there is a game which I missed that showed the connection. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Me too. I have no idea on how that connection appears. But based on last game. it seems like they are creating the good boy version of dante. And it is possible that virgil may never appear in the game. Some wikia topics say that he is son of the virgil. I am not sure on that point, maybe there is a game which I missed that showed the connection. 

One of the devs kinda hinted that was the case as well as Nero being able to wield Virgil's sword Yamamoto as well as Nero originating from a place where Virgil hid for 5 years. The devil hand is kind of a giveaway also.

Wikia says that Nero is a son of Virgil. And now that Virgil is sealed and virgil's witch wife is gone. The nero and the dante are going to be bearing the story from here onwards. And they are not changing the part where the Nero lost his hand. They may keep him on prosthetic hand for series ahead too. That goes to show you that they have plans for these characters ahead in the game. 

On 1/28/2019 at 1:34 PM, skyfire said:

If they decided to persue with Vergil, what story would they have, besides of his past with Dante and etc. I think they decided to go with Nero because it widens more perspectives for a good story for players to learn about the DMC world while having Dante and Virgil involved. I do prefer Virgil over Nero, was always a fan of Virgil but I do like to see what Nero has to offer.

Yes that seems to be the case. But Virgil was a good vilian after all. And though Nero opens more story options. I think it''d be interesting to add him into the story for the fanservice. I think if they plan on expanding the universe with anime and other stories. Then it is possible that they can extend some characters and not let us assume the future of certain characters. Either way let's see what happens in DMC5.