Register Now
The Overseer

What got you into gaming?

Most young people are always going to get into gaming. What made me to get into gaming as I love anything that has to be regards computers. I always like doing ICT. I got into gaming at an good age of 10 when things really started happening for me when I was at school. As years went on I grow with the world of gaming.

For me it was my father's best friend. He was working as an IT and was constantly buying PC magazines which, as always, came with a ton of demos and full games. That's how I tried my first games before I learned how to burn my own games through Nero (oh good times). I learnt to do that at the age of 10 and it still is one of my most memorable achievements.

Unfortunately, as a girl my parents weren't as understanding of my love for video games as they would if I was a boy or even had a brother. I never owned a console and have started getting into console gaming when I first went to university. Over the past 7 years though I've played almost every AAA game out there and I have my childhood to thank for that 😄

Honestly, I never really got into it, so to speak.  It was just a part of the culture as it is for many people. I mean, being a kid in the 1980s, naturally, I was drawn toward Atari and Nintendo and from there - I just kept gaming all thru life.  Anyway, though, I game way less than I did when I was a kid - and even then, I don't think I was obsessed - minus a thing with Mario, Pitfall Harry, and this World War II bombing game.

Edited by Jayson

On 8/2/2018 at 8:06 PM, The Overseer said:

For me, it was a friend. He had one of those 1980's keyboards (I'm not sure, but probably a Commodore 64) that you connect to a TV screen. As programming language it had BASIC and it would load games from a cassette player. No, I'm not joking. What about you? How did you get into gaming?

Similar to you, I had a keyboard hooked up to a monitor-type personal computer called an Amstrad CPC 464. That was my entry point into video games. Games like Fantasy World Dizzy, Treasure Island Dizzy, Bomb Jack, Monty On The Run and a 100 other games were what really got me into the medium.

My mom and dad. My dad was a computer user when I grew up so gaming on PC was my earliest gaming memories. And mom got a SNES with a bundle of games back in the early 90's. That SNES became one of the most used objects in the house after that.

For me, it was my father and mother. A few christmas's days ago in 2013/2014 my parents decided to buy me the latest Xbox, which at the time was the 360. A bundle of games came with the console: GTA, COD, Minecraft, Forza, Skyrim, and finally Halo. Also, my friends are gamers and we frequently play Fortnite and various other trending games together and I haven't looked back since and I'm still a gamer as of today!

I remember way back when I was younger my Dad used to have a computer that played games but the games were on a cassette tape (the name escapes me as to what the computer was called) after that my cousin got me and my brothers into games such as Alex The Kidd, Sonic The Hedgehog and eventually Super Mario World and slowly I grew to be  a very big gamer who now after over 29 years loves to play video games daily without fail. So I guess you could say because of my Dad and my cousin that is why I am the gamer I am now.