Register Now
Alexander.

Alternatives to Microsoft

Office 365 Home is £79.99 for a whole year! Are there any free alternative word processing programs? I'm in search of a second job and need it to write my CV, cover letter and apply for job applications. Thank you in advance! Seems quite a lot to pay on a yearly basis. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:36 PM, killamch89 said:

I was going to mention OpenOffice but I thought I'd give him the cheaper Microsoft alternatives first.

Why would you mention cheaper alternatives when one is free? XD

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I mean, Microsoft is the most reputable brand out of the lot and some people value that a lot so I gave him cheaper Microsoft alternatives...😂

Yeah but... OpenOffice is better and free so why would you... XD

If you have made use of the Google Docs and Spreadsheet it can be good alternative for the Microsoft Office suite. You can see that there are many other such online cloud apps that can be used. Some of the times this type of the free or the web only packages can be good option. But I make sure that they are proper replacement for the microsoft office. So far I think only google suite has managed to replace it. 

17 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

OpenOffice isn't a bad choice. 

I use Google Docs/Sheets a lot as well, just because I use a lot of different computers and having it all synced online is nice. 

I do use google docs as well and I love the fact it is synced across multiple platforms enabling you to operate efficiently no matter what platform.

Zoho is another good product which you can use for office related documents. Like say spreadsheet, document, CRM etc all are in there. But they are not free anymore. And they have now started charging some nominal charges fro the package. So it's not that bad. You get a lot of things in the process so I think WPS office, Zoho, Google Suite are good options. 

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Zoho is another good product which you can use for office related documents. Like say spreadsheet, document, CRM etc all are in there. But they are not free anymore. And they have now started charging some nominal charges fro the package. So it's not that bad. You get a lot of things in the process so I think WPS office, Zoho, Google Suite are good options. 

It's weird that I haven't heard of Zoho before considering how long it has been around but from the reviews I've seen, it is an amazing piece of software.