Register Now
Alexander.

How much did your PC cost?

On 7/2/2019 at 4:26 PM, killamch89 said:

Same here - to get a good enough laptop for gaming, you'll need to spend somewhere in the region of $900 - $1000 minimum for the same 1080p 60fps experience.

Even $800 is going to get you a great gaming laptop. Unless you are looking for the new ones in the market, you may not have to spend that much.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

My next PC or laptop is likely to be MSI based and if I can get good projects maybe even the Apple.

Apple PC are quite expensive. You've got to save a lot of funds so as to be able to afford one. I wish you luck on the aim though. 

58 minutes ago, skyfire said:

MSI and ASUS are expensive too. Gaming laptops are as expensive or more than cost of the Apple laptops.

You are correct because most of those gaming laptops are built in a way that they get through the rigorous process of standing firms whenever gaming is done. 

On 3/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, Knight Barida said:

You are correct because most of those gaming laptops are built in a way that they get through the rigorous process of standing firms whenever gaming is done. 

Yes the processor, RAM and the Graphic card combo in those laptops and desktops are very expensive than apple but overall apple becomes expensive if you do ugprade or go for maintenance. like 300 USD for 16gb ram? lol Apple is hellua expensive.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes the processor, RAM and the Graphic card combo in those laptops and desktops are very expensive than apple but overall apple becomes expensive if you do ugprade or go for maintenance. like 300 USD for 16gb ram? lol Apple is hellua expensive.

Sometimes, I begin to believe that Apple is elite. I have done this research before and realized that most of their devices can be bought by those with some restricted budgets. 

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Sometimes, I begin to believe that Apple is elite. I have done this research before and realized that most of their devices can be bought by those with some restricted budgets. 

It's like cult or some sort of the rich people club makes something and allows only elite to use it. Apple falls into that sort of the stuff.

This Erazer Defender P10 Gaming notebook I have;

mediondeputyp10.thumb.jpg.314e2be8c15d1ae54dc76786776502c6.jpg

Cost me around £1000, but that is a bit of false economy because the laptop only came with 512GB of storage in the form of an NVME SSD as a boot drive, which is just not enough, so I had to add a 2TD SATA SSD to it, bringing the cost up to around £1200. Watch out for that if you looking into a gaming laptop, a lot of them are like that.

Spec's;

• Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H 2,6GHz (Boost clock at 4GHz)
  • Hard Drive: 512GB SSD (+ the aforementioned additional 2TB SSD)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4-SDRAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB of GDD6 VRAM)
  • 17,3in 1080p Screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144hz, easily sufficient for screen that size and this spec' of GPU.

Overall, very happy with it. The difference between a 15,6in screen and a 17,3 may not sound like much, but  trust me when I say you really notice it. The laptop is sturdy if a bit large and with more upgradeable options then you might expect. For 1080p gaming, it hasn't let me down yet with most games getting upwards of 50fps at max settings.

Edited by Shagger

The good news is that GPU prices are starting to drop so some of the prices of lower and mid-tier graphics cards are going back closer to their MSRP. However, the prices of all future electronics will continue to trend upward due to increases in chips and other mineral components.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

This Erazer Defender P10 Gaming notebook I have;

mediondeputyp10.thumb.jpg.314e2be8c15d1ae54dc76786776502c6.jpg

Cost me around £1000, but that is a bit of false economy because the laptop only came with 512GB of storage in the form of an NVME SSD as a boot drive, which is just not enough, so I had to add a 2TD SATA SSD to it, bringing the cost up to around £1200. Watch out for that if you looking into a gaming laptop, a lot of them are like that.

Spec's;

• Processor: Intel Core i7-10750H 2,6GHz (Boost clock at 4GHz)
  • Hard Drive: 512GB SSD (+ the aforementioned additional 2TB SSD
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4-SDRAM
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB of GDD6 VRAM)
  • 17,3in 1080p Screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144hz, easily sufficient for screen that size and this spec' of GPU.

Overall, very happy with it. The difference between a 15,6in screen and a 17,3 may not sound like much, but  trust me when I say you really notice it. The laptop is sturdy if a bit large and with more upgradeable options then you might expect. For 1080p gaming, it hasn't let me down yet with most games getting upwards of 50fps at max settings.

I also had to add another SSD to my current MSI gaming laptop as the 128 gb NVM + 512 GB SSD wasn't cutting it for me either so installed a 1 TB SSD in the free drive tray.

Xeon X5670 + Huananzhi X58 and generic cpu cooler = CPU + MOBO + CPU Cooler = 120$ (it's a combo from Aliexpress)

AMD XFX RX 480 4GB = GPU (back when prices were normal) = 120$

550W PSU (i don't remember the brand, i will post it later) = 55$

8 GB DDR3 1333mhz i got them from my previous prebuilt PC

it's around 300 bucks