Register Now
Alexander.

How much did your PC cost?

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The gaming PC I currently have costed me $400 in total. I of course had my previous boss build it for me, and he gave me a fairly decent deal in return. On top of that, I also got a new monitor last year that costed me an extra $100+, so around $500 in total was spent on this PC. 

I'm hoping to one day build a newer gaming PC and spend a little more as well, but I ain't going to worry about that until later. My currently PC is good enough. 

My single monitor cost me like around $800 USD 😛 worth more then your PC XD

My most recent one would be $2,500 (Apple MacBook 14" Pro M1 Pro w/ 16GB of RAM, 1TD SSD). Outside of that, I've mostly purchased cheaper-end laptops (~$400 range) or gone for server-grade desktops that I then use at a consumer level that are either used or bare bones (only come with RAM, CPU, motherboard, PSU, and case).

I think I paid around $500 SGD for my custom PC (350 USD). I don't think my GeForce 1070 Ti driver was part of it (I probably paid around 300 SGD/210 USD for it, maybe?).

These are my PC's specs:

Processor:    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700KF @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM:    16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

On 10/4/2022 at 7:25 AM, Dhruvguy said:

My pc build has a i5 11400f, 16gb ram and a gtx 1060 6G not bad for $900 including monitor!

It has wonderful features and looks like the type of PC that can run for close to 3 hours without the battery getting weak. What are the games that you can play on it?

On 6/29/2022 at 7:03 AM, Empire said:

My single monitor cost me like around $800 USD 😛 worth more then your PC XD

Yeah some monitors are crazy expensive. For my PC, some parts were given to me for free, so I probably saved some money there. Also got one monitor for free from another boss around the same time. 

But yeah, I would love to upgrade to bigger monitors eventually. As well, build a new, upgraded PC. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah some monitors are crazy expensive. For my PC, some parts were given to me for free, so I probably saved some money there. Also got one monitor for free from another boss around the same time. 

But yeah, I would love to upgrade to bigger monitors eventually. As well, build a new, upgraded PC. 

Even then after you buy it it's outdatted right away. But end of the day screens last as long as you have it. 

When I purchased the PC, I have now I think if I remember rightly, it cost me a little under £700 and its lasted me since March 2018. I have been able to game on it and also use it as a streaming PC to be able to live stream and it's done really well. I feel now that it is starting to get old, and the hardware is starting to get old and I do need an update at some point. I think when I update, I will go for a more expensive one so that I am able to do more on it when it comes to gaming and creating content and live streaming. It's going to take a little while to save up I feel but I am looking at definitely spending over £1000 when I upgrade.

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

When I purchased the PC, I have now I think if I remember rightly, it cost me a little under £700 and its lasted me since March 2018. I have been able to game on it and also use it as a streaming PC to be able to live stream and it's done really well. I feel now that it is starting to get old, and the hardware is starting to get old and I do need an update at some point. I think when I update, I will go for a more expensive one so that I am able to do more on it when it comes to gaming and creating content and live streaming. It's going to take a little while to save up I feel but I am looking at definitely spending over £1000 when I upgrade.

Did you have it pre built or custom made? Or was it a PC already set up and ready for you? I used to have a PC that we bought from a store. It sadly didn't last long and I couldn't do much gaming on it. But my current PC, one of my past bosses custom built it for me for $400. It gets the job done for me and then some. But I eventually want to build my own PC in the future and have it a bit more suped up.

10 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Did you have it pre built or custom made? Or was it a PC already set up and ready for you? I used to have a PC that we bought from a store. It sadly didn't last long and I couldn't do much gaming on it. But my current PC, one of my past bosses custom built it for me for $400. It gets the job done for me and then some. But I eventually want to build my own PC in the future and have it a bit more suped up.

Mine was custom built by a company called Fierce PC back in 2018. I did have issues with it less than a year after I got it where my USB ports at the top of the tower slipped and I had to send it back for repair but to be honest, I have had a lot of issues with my PC and I am beginning to wonder about how it was built. Don't get me wrong it's worked for what I needed it for and it's still going now but I have had so many issues with it over the years that going back to Fierce PC is something I may not consider in the future.

53 minutes ago, Shortie said:

Mine was custom built by a company called Fierce PC back in 2018. I did have issues with it less than a year after I got it where my USB ports at the top of the tower slipped and I had to send it back for repair but to be honest, I have had a lot of issues with my PC and I am beginning to wonder about how it was built. Don't get me wrong it's worked for what I needed it for and it's still going now but I have had so many issues with it over the years that going back to Fierce PC is something I may not consider in the future.

Oh cool. I can't say I've heard of them, but I'm going to guess you're in the UK? So that'd make sense. Anyway, what kind of specs does your PC have if you don't mind me asking? If you're still able to play most new games, it probably still has a lot of life left.