Register Now
Alexander.

How much did your PC cost?

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My gaming laptop is also an Acer Nitro Black Edition 2015 which cost me $525 dollars at the time and I also have no regrets.

Nice, from what retailer did you purchase it from? Was it on offer and what are your computer specifications, does it run all of the video games that you want?  Seems like a good buy. 

16 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Nice, from what retailer did you purchase it from? Was it on offer and what are your computer specifications, does it run all of the video games that you want?  Seems like a good buy. 

I bought it from eBay from a store called Adoroma which is a huge company in the US and yes, it was on sale. It has 8GB ddr4 gtx950m I5-5200 128 nvme ssd with 1tb hard drive space and even though I don't really game on it since I built my desktop, it runs almost every game I play.

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

I bought mine from Alienware about 8/9 years for about £800. It’s pretty much a donkey now so I unfortunately don’t use it much except for the odd game of AvP.

What are the specifications? Would you mind sharing a picture of your build? Sounds to me like you grabbed a good purchase. 

5 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What are the specifications? Would you mind sharing a picture of your build? Sounds to me like you grabbed a good purchase. 

It was an ol' X51 from back in the day (like I mentioned, about 8ish years old). It was 10% off from Dell's Alienware store.

Here are the specs off the top of my head:

- 1.5gb Geforce GTX 660

- 8gb RAM

- 1 TB of storage

It's pretty antique now and sometimes crashes, but it was decent at the time.

I honestly think that as of now 512GB is good enough for me. I don't need the 1 TB storage. I think the enough storage as of now for some of my games. Though each to their own it can be pretty good enough. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:52 PM, Bravosi said:

Back at  the day 500$ 

I think this is reasonable. But I think it'd be hard for the new gaming computers, I think it'd be lot harder. I guess it'd be costing 800$ or more can get you the better PC now a days. 

On 6/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, skyfire said:

I think this is reasonable. But I think it'd be hard for the new gaming computers, I think it'd be lot harder. I guess it'd be costing 800$ or more can get you the better PC now a days. 

To be honest, you could build a great 1080p 60fps gaming machine for around $600 dollars and it could serve you well for a couple of years but more powerful builds require massive investment.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:34 PM, skyfire said:

Yeah today we can get lot better specs and also save a lot more money than in past. I'd say that 600$ for me won't get better laptop but I am going to be spending more in near future if I wish to buy new laptop.

Same here - to get a good enough laptop for gaming, you'll need to spend somewhere in the region of $900 - $1000 minimum for the same 1080p 60fps experience.