Register Now
killamch89

EA lost their case against Belgium and will remove all lootboxes from games in Belgium

This is the first time in my entire existence, I am glad for Government intervention in the Gaming Industry in terms of loot boxes. They will remove all Loot Boxes from all Belgium EA games by January 31. Do you think other countries will follow suit and ban loot boxes from all games?

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This is the first time in my entire existence, I am glad for Government intervention in the Gaming Industry in terms of loot boxes. They will remove all Loot Boxes from all Belgium EA games by January 31. Do you think other countries will follow suit and ban loot boxes from all games?

What a stupid question. Of course they have to follow suit and ban loot boxes from all games. The only degree in which they wrere acceptable was by Free to Play but I guess they have ruined everything at this point.

20 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

What a stupid question. Of course they have to follow suit and ban loot boxes from all games. The only degree in which they wrere acceptable was by Free to Play but I guess they have ruined everything at this point.

Hey buddy keep it cool, the guy was just stating his opinion no need to insult his post.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Hey buddy keep it cool, the guy was just stating his opinion no need to insult his post.

But I wasn't. Both @killamch89and I know that the question was overall dumb to ask.. Especially because Loot Boxes have been the prime example of predatory business practices in the industry.

4 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

But I wasn't. Both @killamch89and I know that the question was overall dumb to ask.. Especially because Loot Boxes have been the prime example of predatory business practices in the industry.

But most countries haven't even had discussions about this issue so that is why I posted the question. I know Hawaii was the only other state that started to draft legislation in terms of loot boxes. Mainland US has yet to respond and I have not seen any other European country act as yet.

8 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I feel like most governments are going to be so slow to act on this, we will have to wait years and years, if they ever act at all. 

EA also took months to even co-operate with the ruling passed on loot boxes. If I'm not mistaken that law came into effect about 6 months ago but EA is finally adhering to it.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

EA also took months to even co-operate with the ruling passed on loot boxes. If I'm not mistaken that law came into effect about 6 months ago but EA is finally adhering to it.

But that's because they really wanted to show that they had the will to fight to steal other people's money.

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

But that's because they really wanted to show that they had the will to fight to steal other people's money.

And they probably do this to every other country that introduces the same legislation. Considering that loot boxes are what has basically help EA up for years, it will be interesting to see how they will survive without it.

I think it's complicated law suit. And we just don't know what could be we consider for the resolution of the case. But I think EA needs to be mindful for most of the things that way they can pretty much understand any future lawsuit. Otherwise it can be pretty difficult for them to keep on handling the cases.