Register Now
Alexander.

Touchpad VS Mouse

15 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Laptop users! What do you use more often, the touchpad or a wireless mouse and why? Using my finger a lot can be a pain whilst gaming using a touchpad, so that's I prefer a Wireless Mouse. It's easier and more convenient. 

I use my touchpad mainly but when I am doing activities like animation or video editing, I use my mouse because the touchpad is very problematic to use in certain applications.

10 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

When using my MacBook I almost always use my touchpad. I just don't do anything on it that really requires me using a mouse. Even playing The Sims I can handle using my touchpad lol. 

Wait until you encounter one of those touchpads with a fingerprint sensor on it and that particular part of the touchpad doesn't work and I am sure you will change your opinion. 😂

30 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Wait until you encounter one of those touchpads with a fingerprint sensor on it and that particular part of the touchpad doesn't work and I am sure you will change your opinion. 😂

Sometimes that's why I'm glad my MacBook is old lol. I'm sad I'll have to replace it eventually ;_; 

25 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

Sometimes that's why I'm glad my MacBook is old lol. I'm sad I'll have to replace it eventually ;_; 

Yes, you will but don't worry that kind of technology isn't the adopted standard yet so you can still find laptops without that kind of trackpad.

On 3/30/2019 at 6:22 AM, skyfire said:

I think not a lot of people prefer the touchpad in the laptop. I have noticed that there are some of the games where you can use the touchpad but the movement would be lot slower. And the mouse seems to be better option. 

For gaming, I tend to use the mouse or a controller because my touchpad tends to start acting up during games.

On 4/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

The scrolly thing on my touchpad is always getting activated by mistake, and it isn't ergonomic, so I'm a mouse person.

Exactly my point - the Touchpad on my laptop is sensitive and activates all kind of stuff when trying to game so I use my wireless mouse instead.

Even with the laptop. I am using the USB mouse. The reason being I am not quick with the laptop's touchpad. And it can be often slowing me down while I am working. So external USB mouse is what I prefer most of the time.