Register Now
StaceyPowers

If there is another Fallout game, what should it be?

Fallout 76 has been something of a PR disaster for Bethesda. I know that there are a lot of folks who actually really like the game despite its flaws, but the voices of those who are disappointed with it are definitely the loudest.

I don’t know what that reception will mean for the franchise’s future—I really hope there will be more Fallout games though. If there is a next Fallout game, what should it be? Where and when would you want it to take place? Would you want it to be a single player or multiplayer game?

Fallout 76 shouldn't have existed in my opinion. Bethesda clearly have no idea what they're doing, and have no business using this game engine in a multiplayer game. If they wanted this type of multiplayer Fallout (which I'm not against in principle, even if I despise Fallout 76) they should have farmed it out to another studio that knows how to make an online game. Instead they went the cheap/lazy route of just reusing everything from Fallout 4 to get a quick cash in or something. And don't even get me started on the things it did to the lore. This game just didn't work out for them at all. 

If there is another Fallout game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, it should be a singleplayer game for sure. I think they should stick to their place on the East Coast, and I think going south would be cool. The Fallout Miami mod proved how cool that could be as a concept. In general, I wish they would put more of their focus on the intricacies of the story and lore of the game, and less on the actual shooting/combat. I feel Fallout 4 suffered in this regard. Fallout 3 may not have had the best story either, but it was more engaging to me than Fallout 4's story. And Fallout New Vegas trumps both of them with the story quality. 3 and New Vegas didn't have the best combat, but they just destroy Fallout 4 in every other way to me. Bethesda isn't that great at designing combat when they try anyway so they should worry way less about it. 

Edited by Cleopatra92

7 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I would love to see a game that for once is set outside the US.

I agree with this notion.

10 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

Fallout 76 shouldn't have existed in my opinion. Bethesda clearly have no idea what they're doing, and have no business using this game engine in a multiplayer game. If they wanted this type of multiplayer Fallout (which I'm not against in principle, even if I despise Fallout 76) they should have farmed it out to another studio that knows how to make an online game. Instead they went the cheap/lazy route of just reusing everything from Fallout 4 to get a quick cash in or something. And don't even get me started on the things it did to the lore. This game just didn't work out for them at all. 

If there is another Fallout game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, it should be a singleplayer game for sure. I think they should stick to their place on the East Coast, and I think going south would be cool. The Fallout Miami mod proved how cool that could be as a concept. In general, I wish they would put more of their focus on the intricacies of the story and lore of the game, and less on the actual shooting/combat. I feel Fallout 4 suffered in this regard. Fallout 3 may not have had the best story either, but it was more engaging to me than Fallout 4's story. And Fallout New Vegas trumps both of them with the story quality. 3 and New Vegas didn't have the best combat, but they just destroy Fallout 4 in every other way to me. Bethesda isn't that great at designing combat when they try anyway so they should worry way less about it. 

This was a massive cash grab by Bethesda and they tried to basically sell players Fallout 4 online. They never tried to create a new game engine, they re-used animations from Skyrim for a lot of their monsters and in general, the game is one big mess.

9 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

But wasn't the point of Fallout to have the incident of a nuclear bomb happen in the US and only the US?

Why would other nations be affected?

In the game's universe, it was a nuclear world war. Mainly between the US and China. But it was definitely a global war. There hasn't been much information about what has happened anywhere but the US though. 

A game outside the US would definitely feel completely different and interesting though. So much of the game's feel is based on that 50's era US culture, and to see something other than that would be neat. 

28 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

In the game's universe, it was a nuclear world war. Mainly between the US and China. But it was definitely a global war. There hasn't been much information about what has happened anywhere but the US though. 

A game outside the US would definitely feel completely different and interesting though. So much of the game's feel is based on that 50's era US culture, and to see something other than that would be neat. 

Change is always good for a series because it gives a new perspective on the events of the gaming world as in this case - Fallout. Imagine seeing how the nuclear war impacted other nations and how they dealt with the rebuilding among other factors. I'd definitely enjoy that.

22 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

But wasn't the point of Fallout to have the incident of a nuclear bomb happen in the US and only the US?

Why would other nations be affected?

Like... no offense but nukes actually have a LOT of effect on the planet as a whole, even if they're only launched in a single country.

I've always wanted to see one that took place during the mentioned nuclear winter in the lore. Would be a nice change from the constant desert-like places. Fallout 76 was an exception to that, but after so many replays of Skyrim, leafy green trees started to become repetitive.

Just now, ladyMxx said:

I've always wanted to see one that took place during the mentioned nuclear winter in the lore. Would be a nice change from the constant desert-like places. Fallout 76 was an exception to that, but after so many replays of Skyrim, leafy green trees started to become repetitive.

Yeah, I really wanna see a different environment as well...

8 hours ago, DylanC said:

A Fallout title set in the Soviet Union or China would be interesting. Would be cool to flesh out the historical lore of the other parts of the globe after the bombs fell. Plus, the music could be classic russian or chinese 20s/30s pop music. That’d be v different tonally.

One set in China could give us more perspective on some of the technology they used like the Chinese stealth suit among other things.

10 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

OOH I KNOW!

A fallout game set on Sydney, Australia!

Come on guys! It's a great idea!

Nobody wants a Jurassic Park rip-off! 🤣 In all seriousness though, my ex-gf from Australia once showed me a picture of a baby spider...the god damn thing was as big as her hand! I was like ''Nope'' definitely not visiting Australia. Hell, she nearly died from getting bitten by a snake that found its way into her house.

10 hours ago, DylanC said:

A Fallout title set in the Soviet Union or China would be interesting. Would be cool to flesh out the historical lore of the other parts of the globe after the bombs fell. Plus, the music could be classic russian or chinese 20s/30s pop music. That’d be v different tonally.

I second this. Either of those would be my first pick!