Register Now
Alexander.

Fun or Addiction?

7 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

True my friend but the problem is that when you are already addicted, it becomes almost impossible to know when to draw the line as you will keep making excuses for why you still kept playing even when you are supposed to stop. 

I don't really have an addictive personality so I'll stop when I realize I am losing a bit more than expected but I know friends who have had that issue.

It depends on the individual I guess. There are several cases where people are genuinely addicted to gaming but it's not the case for a lot of people. Like you, I wouldn't say that I am a gaming addict either. I probably put aside 1-1.5 hours per day for gaming, and even then, it's only if I have time and don't have to do anything else. If I have other work or am tired, I won't game.

8 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

It depends on the individual I guess. There are several cases where people are genuinely addicted to gaming but it's not the case for a lot of people. Like you, I wouldn't say that I am a gaming addict either. I probably put aside 1-1.5 hours per day for gaming, and even then, it's only if I have time and don't have to do anything else. If I have other work or am tired, I won't game.

Same here. My mind constantly reminds me of stuff I need to get done urgently so I can't afford to go over the time limit or else I'll become distracted during my gaming session.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:40 AM, Newt70 said:

Not really, I don't play games as often as I probably should. Really, anyone can become addicted to anything, it is not just gaming.

This is a fact. It's not just only games that one can be addicted to but just about anything one's gets involved with. 

Personally, I'm absolutely addicted to watching football and drinking beer, even though I workout a lot. 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, Newt70 said:

Not really, I don't play games as often as I probably should. Really, anyone can become addicted to anything, it is not just gaming.

That is a fact. Anything that is given to you in moderation isn't harmful although excessive amounts can be which can lead to becoming an addiction. Having self control is key, it's easier said than done though. 

I think the line between "fun" and "addiction" can be quite complicated considering the reality and interests of each player. What may work for me, may not work for you. However, I think some aspects should be considered as worrying, being the main one of them, the lack of interaction with the real world.

17 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

That is a fact. Anything that is given to you in moderation isn't harmful although excessive amounts can be which can lead to becoming an addiction. Having self control is key, it's easier said than done though. 

Exactly. Moderate gaming is the most important thing to all gamers. If you operate within the safe zone, then you need not worry about getting into mess of getting addicted to the game which is very wrong. 

19 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Yeah, but most people think it is easier to blame the thing one is addicted toward than the person themselves.

17 hours ago, Newt70 said:

Yeah, but most people think it is easier to blame the thing one is addicted toward than the person themselves.

Well, the truth is that not everyone is bold enough to accept the responsibility for their actions. So, they are very good in pointing blame to other people or variables.