Register Now
UleTheVee

New? New-Pulled? or Used? (PC Components)

PC Gaming is amazing!

However, when it comes to purchasing components for your next gaming rig. What exactly do you look for? New components straight from a manufacturer? New-Pulled products that have recently been tested for showcasing purposes? Used components because you want to go for cheap alternatives?

10 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

PC Gaming is amazing!

However, when it comes to purchasing components for your next gaming rig. What exactly do you look for? New components straight from a manufacturer? New-Pulled products that have recently been tested for showcasing purposes? Used components because you want to go for cheap alternatives?

I only go with New or New-pulled products because both products are usually in excellent condition. I never go with used components because you have no idea what you will be getting in terms of longevity or function.

I personally prefer used parts since they are way cheaper, but there are some parts that shouldn't be bought used due to their lifespan (Storage parts such as HDD & SSD for example), some parts are okay to be bought used such as CPU's, RAMs or even GPU's (if you are sure that they weren't used for mining)

Since the start, I always prefer new parts that are from the manufacturer, well buy new parts from the retail store that gets it from the manufacturer. I just rather want new that's fresh and you know that you get a warranty and able to keep it and make it last. WIth used PC parts you have no idea what's been though, I mean GPUs can be gone into mining or maybe it's just had a bad life.

Even if you looking into used parts, GPU, CPU and also Motherboards are what you look into, other gear you must get them new, even the AIO. With AIO they last five to 10 years max if they handle well.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:07 PM, Empire said:

Since the start, I always prefer new parts that are from the manufacturer, well buy new parts from the retail store that gets it from the manufacturer. I just rather want new that's fresh and you know that you get a warranty and able to keep it and make it last. WIth used PC parts you have no idea what's been though, I mean GPUs can be gone into mining or maybe it's just had a bad life.

Even if you looking into used parts, GPU, CPU and also Motherboards are what you look into, other gear you must get them new, even the AIO. With AIO they last five to 10 years max if they handle well.

sometimes used PSU's are worth taking on considerations to be honest, only if they weren't repaired before, of course you should go for a trusted seller when dealing with such as risky component ;)

18 hours ago, Patrik said:

sometimes used PSU's are worth taking on considerations to be honest, only if they weren't repaired before, of course you should go for a trusted seller when dealing with such as risky component 😉

Yeah, go with brands that I known, Corsair 🙂 Even that PSUs tends to fail before other hardware. I had Three in my time that failed. 

On 3/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Patrik said:

sometimes used PSU's are worth taking on considerations to be honest, only if they weren't repaired before, of course you should go for a trusted seller when dealing with such as risky component ;)

I've personally seen it happen to a friend of mine who bought a used PSU from a certified reseller, it literally fried his motherboard.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, Empire said:

Yeah, go with brands that I known, Corsair 🙂 Even that PSUs tends to fail before other hardware. I had Three in my time that failed. 

It's true but I had one PSU for almost 6 years and it was still working up until my motherboard fried for my previous gaming desktop.

Six years is a good amount of years that it can last, then again warranty can last ten years, well with corsair it does on there PSUs 🙂 

They are not cheap at times with getting new PSUs 😞 over $100 each time to masx $500 for a good brand. 

If I had the money to spend on PC parts, I would try to go for new, but I would also try for used. These days, it doesn't really matter, as even used it's high priced. This shortage is really pushing prices up, and it's not good. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If I had the money to spend on PC parts, I would try to go for new, but I would also try for used. These days, it doesn't really matter, as even used it's high priced. This shortage is really pushing prices up, and it's not good. 

PC gaming on a whole is completely screwed at the moment and console gaming is only faring marginally better because nobody can get their hands on anything at all.