Register Now
UleTheVee

On the subject of Emulation

I have in the past to play some older Pokemon games without worrying about the little watch battery being dead lol. I also tried downloading Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 for the N64 but I couldn't ever get that to work right with my computer at the time. I could see the game, but the screen kept flashing so that was annoying. 

I haven't lately. I just don't know where to get the ROMs anymore, and don't feel like it's worth it to look. I still have all the files from when I got those GB Pokemon games and that's all I really needed. 

I like old games being ported and emulated. I think it's good to have those games around. I know that we are in generation where we have much effective graphics now. But I think it's not bad to have those new game ROMs with emulation. Considering Windows and Linux both have support for the emulators. I think it's good to have emulators like that. 

5 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I have in the past to play some older Pokemon games without worrying about the little watch battery being dead lol. I also tried downloading Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 for the N64 but I couldn't ever get that to work right with my computer at the time. I could see the game, but the screen kept flashing so that was annoying. 

I haven't lately. I just don't know where to get the ROMs anymore, and don't feel like it's worth it to look. I still have all the files from when I got those GB Pokemon games and that's all I really needed. 

You can try Retroarch because it has a good N64 emulator so it will probably do the trick.

I think with DOSBOX, QEMU and few other likes, it's reasonable to say that emulators are on the rise. And we have to make use of them for playing old arcade games. If you never played arcade and the DOS based games then emulator is not much use to you in any way. Because you were born outside the handheld console days. So it's not usable for that generation.