Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do after you "finish" an open world game?

One of the odd things about open world games is when you wrap up most of the major quests (or all of them), and find yourself with little to do, but you’ve finally got an awesome house/family/etc, and all sorts of cool weapons and abilities.

What do you usually do when you reach this point? Quit completely with that playthrough? Return to it occasionally and mess around?

When I hit that point with my first Skyrim playthrough, I figured I’d pop in occasionally, and I’ve actually found a surprising amount left to do there. But I just wrapped up my first playthrough in Fallout 3, and can’t see much to do with it at this point (other than start another, obviously).

I usually finish everything else I want to accomplish on a character before I finish the main quest of the game. But I love making new characters in almost every game I play, so I like doing selective playthroughs where I only do certain quests on certain characters. 

For instance in Skyrim, if I create a warrior character I'll do the Companions' quests, but not quests for the Thieves' Guild. I'll do those on another character where it fits. 

On 2/5/2019 at 10:00 PM, Cleopatra92 said:

I usually finish everything else I want to accomplish on a character before I finish the main quest of the game. But I love making new characters in almost every game I play, so I like doing selective playthroughs where I only do certain quests on certain characters. 

For instance in Skyrim, if I create a warrior character I'll do the Companions' quests, but not quests for the Thieves' Guild. I'll do those on another character where it fits. 

Roleplaying in Skyrim definitely increases its longevity especially when you add mods to the equation.