Register Now
Alexander.

Recording your screen

I use Apowersoft. It's free to use and there are no ads, watermarks, or anything else that could be considered intrusive. I don't know about you, but when I want to record my content I don't want a watermark in the corner ruining the video and in return, distracting the viewers from the video and objective of the video. Content creators, what do you all use to record your screen and why? 

I'm not a content creator but my younger sister makes a few videos for her YouTube channel. I believe she uses something called LoiLo Game Recorder or something along the lines of that. It's not the best really but it's free which is great for her. Plus, as you said, it's not great to have a watermark on the screen which LoiLo doesn't add so atleast it's good for that. 

Camtasia is a paid product but they have one of the best screen recorder. I have also tried the screen recorder from the filmora. But they don't match up to the quality provided by the camtasia. I think if you are into game development and game streaming tutorials, then better to stick with the camtasia. I am sure this way you can save more time and also final output is also good. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Camtasia is a paid product but they have one of the best screen recorder. I have also tried the screen recorder from the filmora. But they don't match up to the quality provided by the camtasia. I think if you are into game development and game streaming tutorials, then better to stick with the camtasia. I am sure this way you can save more time and also final output is also good. 

Totally agree with you there.

I used to use FRAPS that I had received back in the days (I'm talking about 10 years + ago). Now I just tend to use OBS (Streamlabs maybe) to record. Requires minimal editing skills and I'm on the lazy hand. I no longer have the patience to wait for Vegas to render my videos.

56 minutes ago, Slennie said:

I used to use FRAPS that I had received back in the days (I'm talking about 10 years + ago). Now I just tend to use OBS (Streamlabs maybe) to record. Requires minimal editing skills and I'm on the lazy hand. I no longer have the patience to wait for Vegas to render my videos.

OBS is a good choice to be fair. Are you by any chance a streamer?

If it's mobile streaming that you wish to do then make sure to use the Live.fm but that is network specific. I am not sure if there are ways you can do streaming to twitch this way. I hope to find that out though. Because the twitch streaming through android is more tricky. Desktop streaming is lot easier and people should definitely try it out. It's lot easier once you get the hang of it. 

DU screen recorder is my favorite so far. It's very easy to use with no ads and very compatible with almost all smartphone devices. There are some screen recorder that are designed to work well with a particular smartphone device. For example, Moziben works only for Samsung devices. 

I am not a video content creator and I have never created any kind of videos. However, I have always wanted to create video through screen recording or shooting. I will take the recommendations from the users. I might first try with something that is free and might move to a paid program. 

3 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

DU screen recorder is my favorite so far. It's very easy to use with no ads and very compatible with almost all smartphone devices. There are some screen recorder that are designed to work well with a particular smartphone device. For example, Moziben works only for Samsung devices. 

I know this DU screen recorder very well and it's actually exactly what you have described it to be is the way it is. Currently, it's what I'm making use of to carry out most of my screen recording task and also it have the feature of screen shot as well.