Register Now
Alexander.

Google+ is shutting down

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most of us didn't know what purpose it served in the first place and most people wouldn't want to use a platform that is inferior to FB in terms of features.

Since a lot of people were already using Facebook and they did not find G+ unique. Therefore, they never user G+. However, G+ was good for marketers because it was Google's product.

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

I kind of expected that they are going to shut down. They didn't make any money. They tried to pressure the publishers to like the platform. But that didn't worked out for them. And even worst part is that they were trying to be tumblr, facebook and twitter. And that all in all did not worked out for them. It may be necessary that some of the time such social networks have to find out what they want to be. 

In my opinion, I would say that Google bit more they can chew with so many platforms opened across its databases, it's almost impossible for everyone to make use of all of them. Take for instance, Google play services is only important to online gamers, so all those who don't play games are never going to be needing it. 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bravosi said:

Oh wow, I actually didn't know it. It won't affect YouTube or Google AdSense in any way I hope? I never really actually used it much, but I guess it's a shame that it's going away.

The only thing it will affect really is the way Google+ has been integrated. Your Google+ account will become a regular Google account and any Google+ stuff will be deleted.

19 hours ago, Alyxx said:

The only thing it will affect really is the way Google+ has been integrated. Your Google+ account will become a regular Google account and any Google+ stuff will be deleted.

I thought of this situation have serious effects on some webmasters online business but on a second thought, I was sure that Google already thought it out as well, so they have already made plans to avoid such problems. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I thought of this situation have serious effects on some webmasters online business but on a second thought, I was sure that Google already thought it out as well, so they have already made plans to avoid such problems. 

Yeah Google are making sure the transition will be as smooth as possible.

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah Google are making sure the transition will be as smooth as possible.

If they don't, I'm pretty sure they will lose lots of money and clients in the process. They will probably get sued for it in the process. 

On 2/12/2019 at 6:27 PM, Jayson said:

Does anyone remember Yahoo Groups?   They're still around, but were only big back in the 2000s, maybe the 90s.  Anyway, I had set up some music lesson groups on there - and they're still around (from around 2004)!

How can I ever forget the Yahoo Groups. It was and still is such a good platform back then in 2004. Some old things never goes away easily. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, skyfire said:

I kind of expected that they are going to shut down. They didn't make any money. They tried to pressure the publishers to like the platform. But that didn't worked out for them. And even worst part is that they were trying to be tumblr, facebook and twitter. And that all in all did not worked out for them. It may be necessary that some of the time such social networks have to find out what they want to be. 

I completely agree with you. Perhaps they have plans to revamp or a launch a completely new platform that Google believe will work? 

Google gain plenty of Ad Revenue of Adsense so I don't think finances are a huge problem for the company alternatively I think it's other reasons.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:50 AM, Alyxx said:

Did anyone actually use it?

To this day, I own a group with more than 60,000 members. This is where we get most of our members who join to the forum and discord server from seeing an invitation link pinned to the top of the group. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

18 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I completely agree with you. Perhaps they have plans to revamp or a launch a completely new platform that Google believe will work? 

Google gain plenty of Ad Revenue of Adsense so I don't think finances are a huge problem for the company alternatively I think it's other reasons.

To this day, I own a group with more than 60,000 members. This is where we get most of our members who join to the forum and discord server from seeing an invitation link pinned to the top of the group. 

Considering the innovation inside the Google is stagnated. They don't plan on making new one though. Google is now new cesspool for SJWs. So it may not release any new social media. And that means people have to be in need for moving to other social networks. I have seen some people moving to diaspora. And I guess it works out for them who knows. 

On 2/20/2019 at 6:10 AM, skyfire said:

Considering the innovation inside the Google is stagnated. They don't plan on making new one though. Google is now new cesspool for SJWs. So it may not release any new social media. And that means people have to be in need for moving to other social networks. I have seen some people moving to diaspora. And I guess it works out for them who knows. 

As Google have made it a public news it's shutting down its Google+ platform, their users are definitely going to move on. 

Nokia had ovimail in the past, but today it's scrapped and no more, most people moved to Gmail. 

I think it'd be possible that most of the Google plus users can move to other social networks like Diaspora. Though there are many social networks that are going to take opportunity. So far I think GNU social and the diaspora seems to be a good option for those who are planning to get into the safe social network that does not collect data like facebook. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think it'd be possible that most of the Google plus users can move to other social networks like Diaspora. Though there are many social networks that are going to take opportunity. So far I think GNU social and the diaspora seems to be a good option for those who are planning to get into the safe social network that does not collect data like facebook. 

Literally, that's the only choice that they are have to stick with as a result of the shutdown. One important thing Google should make sure to make provisions would be to make it possible for them to retrieve their data. 

I don't think the data that Google plus is giving away is importable in literal sense. I think text can be imported but the image and other formats are less likely to be so. And in such context I think it's nothing but account deletion option for them. Most of the google plus users also seem to be not interested in moving to facebook. so no idea how they plan on making the move and to where.