Register Now
Alexander.

Refunds for Mobile Games

Whether you are using the App or Play Store, have you ever requested a refund, if so what was the reason why? How much did you originally pay and was the refund successful? I once had to scroll through my order history and fill a refund request form for an album I bought from the retailer as the quality was awful! They gave me the full amount back within a few hours and the £9.99 was credited back into my Play Store Account for future purchases.  I've never experienced any problems with games downloaded through the Play Store

8 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Whether you are using the App or Play Store, have you ever requested a refund, if so what was the reason why? How much did you originally pay and was the refund successful? I once had to scroll through my order history and fill a refund request form for an album I bought from the retailer as the quality was awful! They gave me the full amount back within a few hours and the £9.99 was credited back into my Play Store Account for future purchases.  I've never experienced any problems with games downloaded through the Play Store

I have never requested a refund on any App I have purchased.

Several times with the Play Store. Personally, this is how it should work with the PlayStation store as well but I guess they don't want to add it because they want as much money as they can get. The Play Store lets you get a refund for any game, no matter what if you request it before an hour has passed after purchasing it. It's a great policy and ensures that you don't risk losing money for awful games on the market.

4 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

Several times with the Play Store. Personally, this is how it should work with the PlayStation store as well but I guess they don't want to add it because they want as much money as they can get. The Play Store lets you get a refund for any game, no matter what if you request it before an hour has passed after purchasing it. It's a great policy and ensures that you don't risk losing money for awful games on the market.

To be honest, I haven't purchased that many games/apps over the Google Play store - only the essential ones and I have enjoyed them all.

I never got into the situation of asking for refunds. I am guessing this could be because of the amount of the good games that I have downloaded. Maybe who knows there are some other games which may require us to pay and often have those issues on the transaction sides. I think stuff like that happens. some good gaming companies are not that bad. 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, Alexander. said:

If they refunded you completely within few hours of your refund request, it means they are very aware of the problem with the album and already set up the process for refunding all that purchased it. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:08 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I never did in-app purchases from play store, I simply prefer downnloading alone from Google play store, that's more convenient for me. 

In app purchase means you downloaded the app and played the game and game gives you option to buy an item that can be used for game. I guess you lost on the concept. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

In app purchase means you downloaded the app and played the game and game gives you option to buy an item that can be used for game. I guess you lost on the concept. 

It's quite very obvious that he's not following the subject or simply misunderstood it completely. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:29 PM, skyfire said:

I got the points you meant earlier. That's exactly what occurs downloading video games from the store, because surely it will pop up unnecessary upgrade of the game later on. 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I got the points you meant earlier. That's exactly what occurs downloading video games from the store, because surely it will pop up unnecessary upgrade of the game later on. 

I guess you didn't get the in app purchase concept yet. never mind. 

31 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I guess you didn't get the in app purchase concept yet. never mind. 

I had given up already. It's like beating a dead horse but maybe if I get a video of what in app purchase is, so he might understand. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

Haha yeah. I mean I explained it that it's purchase made inside the app but the reply was kind of tangent lol. 

He will get use to it probably sooner or later once he's come across it while playing.