Register Now
killamch89

Marathon

Have you ever done any long distance running event like a Marathon or Cross Country? If so, how far did you run and how did you place in that race? Did you train for it? In my case, I used to do Marathon events in high school and college. I am built with pretty good genes because I am the only person I know that doesn't have to train for one of these events to properly compete. The highest I've ever finished was 4th and I would have finished much higher but I tripped close to the final segment of the race.

I've done cross country before and a couple of park races, but nothing big. On my bucketlist, one idea I have is to run a Marathon for a Good Cause. I'm in the process of training and once I'm fit enough, I'd like to run in the famous long distance Marathon in London. 

I never have - but I love long distance running!  In fact, when I'm not doing ski simulators, I love to jog.  Anyway, it would be cool to do some long distance running. I would have done some in high school - but I suffered from low-self esteem, behavioral problems then.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:47 PM, Jayson said:

I never have - but I love long distance running!  In fact, when I'm not doing ski simulators, I love to jog.  Anyway, it would be cool to do some long distance running. I would have done some in high school - but I suffered from low-self esteem, behavioral problems then.

Various studies have shown running is a cure for mental health issues as it releases a chemical to our bodies

Good on you, though. Stay strong and keep exercising. How long have you been jogging for? Would you consider a marathon? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 3/18/2019 at 7:47 AM, Jayson said:

Believe me, I had lots of behavioral problems in high school as well but I used to play football and do athletics to keep myself out of trouble(somewhat helped but I still got into fights etc.) I will do a bit of long distance running every now and then to keep my endurance levels high. A long run really relaxes you!

On 4/2/2019 at 12:32 AM, killamch89 said:

Believe me, I had lots of behavioral problems in high school as well but I used to play football and do athletics to keep myself out of trouble(somewhat helped but I still got into fights etc.) I will do a bit of long distance running every now and then to keep my endurance levels high. A long run really relaxes you!

Well, prisons are still incredibly violent - despite all the "steam let out" via working out.  Nonetheless, you're talking about hardened sociopaths - the worst of the worst.  How would that even compare to a school?

3 hours ago, Jayson said:

Well, prisons are still incredibly violent - despite all the "steam let out" via working out.  Nonetheless, you're talking about hardened sociopaths - the worst of the worst.  How would that even compare to a school?

What are you talking about? How does prison relate to what we were talking about?