Register Now
Alexander.

Night Light - Windows 10

To find the Night Light settings in Windows 10 - Press the Start Button - Search for "Night" and then click on the result and you should see a page like the image I've included below. As a gamer, I constantly find myself gaming in the evenings/night as I have work and study commitments during the day. Studies have shown screens which emit blue light can drastically affect your sleep pattern so therefore I have chosen set the configuration to when the sun sets and rises. It's definitely helped me get to sleep quicker and wake up feeling more refreshed for a new day. Are you doing the same or do you choose to manually switch it on and of if so, why?

image.thumb.png.e15ba10f82a7b7461612d75fd58c4781.png

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 3/12/2019 at 5:00 AM, skyfire said:

Have you tried flux? That's way better than making the manual settings. I just install the flux and let it take care of the graphics. And on that note it just works out on most part. It's also easy with that software on the android as well. 

https://justgetflux.com/

+1 for Flux. I have it on all my devices as well and I must say that it is brilliant.

In my case on phone, I am making use of the Android night light. It seems to be good for the timed settings for the night light. I set it for evening 6 to morning 10. This way I can control that light aspect on my phone. 

On 4/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, skyfire said:

In my case on phone, I am making use of the Android night light. It seems to be good for the timed settings for the night light. I set it for evening 6 to morning 10. This way I can control that light aspect on my phone. 

Same here, mine is set from 6 pm to 7 am in the morning so I am not exposed to the blue light. 

On android recently checked the reading mode seems to be pretty effective for both playing games and reading as well. I also think that if there is enough battery, then this mode can pretty much easily kick in. 

This settings protects your eyes. Like say if you are exposed to the higher amount of the display light that can be bad for the eyes. And in such case it can be reasonable to use it on Android or the desktop on the Windows 10. 

In day time you need specific amount of light to see the screen in case of the night, you need different set of frequencies and the light from the device. So such apps control that part of the settings. That's why they are getting popular. 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:23 AM, Bravosi said:

Oh, nice! I didn't know! The contrast of light is indeed annoying!

It also tends to cause insomnia for some reason - from my personal experience anyways. It is a very handy feature, I only wished I had known about it when I first got a Windows 10 PC. I didn't learn about this until about 2016 and that's when I started using it.

Never noticed that it may cause insomnia. Maybe it's possible considering each light has different effect on us and how we manage to cope with it for our eyes. I think that's something we have to look with experimenting with that feature. 

On 6/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, skyfire said:

Never noticed that it may cause insomnia. Maybe it's possible considering each light has different effect on us and how we manage to cope with it for our eyes. I think that's something we have to look with experimenting with that feature. 

Actually, there are studies out basically proving that the regular blue light from monitors can disrupt our sleeping patterns.