Register Now
Alexander.

Discord

Just a quick question for all you Discord Users out there, do you prefer to use the installed application or the web browser and why? Internet browser for me as I find crashes, bugs or glitches tend to happen less frequently. In Addition, it's easier to turn of notifications in Google Chrome just by taking a small visit to your privacy settings and choosing which websites you would like notifications from. I don't have to go to any hassle to turn them of manually in Discord by using Chrome. 

I use Discord on mostly browser. But mostly I find discord as distraction. It has not much value to add. And often there are times when the discord can be pretty much trolling. And no value to be achieved. I do see some people who share videos and news. That can be one plus side. But apart from that I don't see much content out of that. 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:29 PM, skyfire said:

I use Discord on mostly browser. But mostly I find discord as distraction. It has not much value to add. And often there are times when the discord can be pretty much trolling. And no value to be achieved. I do see some people who share videos and news. That can be one plus side. But apart from that I don't see much content out of that. 

You're not on the right servers. A lot of discord servers can be useful to gather news or useful advice for games you're playing. Main example being the Smash character discords which offer all the advice in the world you could take for competitive matchups

I used to be pretty much active on Discord for upto 2018. And now from this year onwards. I have stopped all activity on the discord. For me it didn't worked out. I know there are many gaming servers who support it. And lot of people make friends on it. And it can be fun to be on that. But I have personally didn't liked the way it wastes my time and decided to get out of that addiction.