Register Now
Alexander.

Xbox Live Service

Ever experienced an issue accessing Xbox Live and you've wondered whether it's just you or the downtime is affecting other gamers? Look no more. Firstly, you'll be able to view the Live Service Status which gives you a live update every couple of minutes. If you have any questions to what I've said in this topic, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help out. 

I tend to avoid most live games these days. so never experience while I was playing live. But I am guessing there are some times due to timezone and server issues people may see the live service going down or even rebooted in some cases. I guess we can find that out from their status page these days.

It's not very often that Xbox Live goes down and I see any major issues with the service, if I ever do, I usually feel that it's my internet that is the culprit and not the Xbox Live service itself. I do however always check this page when I have any issues just to be on the safe side. The only time I did not check the page was when my son made a purchase through Xbox for something on Apex and I was unaware that they were having issues, so my payment went out and we didn't get what we were supposed to. I contacted them regarding it and they sorted for me and I had a refund by the next day which was great. I now always check the status page before making any purchases to ensure that problem doesn't occur again.

2 minutes ago, Shortie said:

It's not very often that Xbox Live goes down and I see any major issues with the service, if I ever do, I usually feel that it's my internet that is the culprit and not the Xbox Live service itself. I do however always check this page when I have any issues just to be on the safe side. The only time I did not check the page was when my son made a purchase through Xbox for something on Apex and I was unaware that they were having issues, so my payment went out and we didn't get what we were supposed to. I contacted them regarding it and they sorted for me and I had a refund by the next day which was great. I now always check the status page before making any purchases to ensure that problem doesn't occur again.

Yeah for the most part, Xbox live does stay up quite a bit. It's kind rare that they deal with any outages, and if they do, it's either someone hacking them or doing a ddos attack or whatever it is. The other times it's probably due to more attacks. 

Yeah when mistakes like that come down, it'll usually get sorted by support. But if it was an accidental purchase that went through, they probably won't refund that. 

And yeah, you can see some of the popular games on that link, I see now it shows some games are having issues, so it's cool to have this available to people.