Register Now
Anachiwo

Have ever slept off while playing games?

If you are late night gamer, then you would be very familiar with falling asleep while still playing games at the dead of the night. 

I seem to be more disposed playing games at night because it's when I have the liberty to play with freedom but sleep always interfere with my gaming. 

I mostly play games in the afternoon, after having lunch. However, I have played games at night, sometimes until 3 or 4 in the morning. I have never slept in the middle of the game. Generally speaking, I play games until the game hooks me. Once I start getting bored, I stop playing.

I think that I have had the experience just once and it pained me so much as I forgot to save the already completed stages in the game and my system shutdown, which made me had to replay those stages once again. 

I would never put myself in such a situation of getting to dose off while still playing because it's no fun at all. 

I can't count the number of times this has happened to me. Usually just when I feel like I have the energy for an all-nighter. Turns out I don't LOL

I've been logged out of the game when I've woken up after falling asleep playing WoW several times. Once when I was playing the Sims, my Sim had aged up into an elder from a young adult before I woke up. I was like "...omg how long have I been sleeping" 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, egghead said:

I mostly play games in the afternoon, after having lunch. However, I have played games at night, sometimes until 3 or 4 in the morning. I have never slept in the middle of the game. Generally speaking, I play games until the game hooks me. Once I start getting bored, I stop playing.

My problem is that when I get that hooked up playing, even when I'm very aware that I'm getting tired, I still can't easily stop playing especially when I have missed playing the game for a while. 

The best way for me to prevent this from happening is not to play at night. 

10 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

My problem is that when I get that hooked up playing, even when I'm very aware that I'm getting tired, I still can't easily stop playing especially when I have missed playing the game for a while. 

Yes, some games are so addictive that you cannot stop playing no matter how long you have been playing. If you start playing in the evening, you can easily forget about the time and you will be playing in the odd hours of the night. If you feel sleepy, it means you are not enjoying the game properly. 

Yes many times as a kid and as a teenager, one time while playing GTA vice city I doze off and though I was still playing the game and making so much progress in the missions, turns out I paused the game and never actually moved from the same spot where I was standing before I felt asleep, Very disappointing dream.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Yes many times as a kid and as a teenager, one time while playing GTA vice city I doze off and though I was still playing the game and making so much progress in the missions, turns out I paused the game and never actually moved from the same spot where I was standing before I felt asleep, Very disappointing dream.

That's a messed up dream right there. 🤣

14 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

It's a very good thing that you know what happens when you insist on playing deep in the night. So, to avoid getting to sleep off and leaving all your gaming hardwares on and vulnerable to damage, it's best to remove yourself from such scenario and not play at night. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's a very good thing that you know what happens when you insist on playing deep in the night. So, to avoid getting to sleep off and leaving all your gaming hardwares on and vulnerable to damage, it's best to remove yourself from such scenario and not play at night. 

I'm trying my very best to stop but it's a habit that I have carried for a long time now, so believe me when I tell you that it's not as easy as it sounds but I'm not going to give up till I get to adjust well with my playing games schedule. 

This has never happened to me, and honestly, I could not imagine it ever happening to me. When I play games, it's because I'm not that tired and I would never play games for hours on end. So I would never be in a situation where I'm still playing games whilst I am extremely tired and sleepy. Plus, I don't think I could actually fall asleep on the chair that I sit on whilst gaming. It would be extremely uncomfortable lol

8 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

This has never happened to me, and honestly, I could not imagine it ever happening to me. When I play games, it's because I'm not that tired and I would never play games for hours on end. So I would never be in a situation where I'm still playing games whilst I am extremely tired and sleepy. Plus, I don't think I could actually fall asleep on the chair that I sit on whilst gaming. It would be extremely uncomfortable lol

Nowadays, it doesn't happen because the games I usually play require lots of attention.