Register Now
Alexander.

Laptop users - Battery Life

This topic is for PC Gamers only. Generally speaking, how long does your battery life last fully charged? What percentage screen brightness do you keep your PC at?

Fully charged at 100% mine will live for: 4 hours and 30 minutes exactly which is ideal to game outside my house in internet cafes, around friends or family's and in the communal living space. Mostly I keep the brightness of the screen to 35% as anything higher than this strains my eyes and gives me bad headaches! 

What about yourself?

Edited by Shagger

My battery usually lasts 2 hours and 10 minutes. It is now 2 year old laptop. And from what I heard this is a good performance of the laptop. So I am not complaining. I heard that new SSD based laptops tend to last for few more minutes So it goes somewhere around 2 hour 50 minutes or so. In that case the performance is not that bad I guess. 

On 2/12/2019 at 1:24 AM, skyfire said:

My battery usually lasts 2 hours and 10 minutes. It is now 2 year old laptop. And from what I heard this is a good performance of the laptop. So I am not complaining. I heard that new SSD based laptops tend to last for few more minutes So it goes somewhere around 2 hour 50 minutes or so. In that case the performance is not that bad I guess. 

The last one I used can last for as long as 3 hours. I spent a fortune to get the laptop and I never regretted doing so since I got value for money.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Alexander. said:

how long does your battery life last fully charged?

back when it was still new, it was like around 6 hours of usage, even though, it didn't have that powerful hardware that suck so much power

On 2/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Alexander. said:

What percentage screen brightness do you keep your PC at

full brightness actually, it's perfectly fine at that level 

2 hours max, and that's when the laptop is idling with screen brightness at 20% and keyboard backlight off. I can suck the battery dry in less than 20 minutes with gaming. Most of the time while on my laptop on my desk is that I have it pluged in all the time 🙂 

Mine basically died like a year ago, It doesnt work without the charger constantly connected to it I had it for 4 years prior that. The laptop still works so Im not going to get rid of it anytime soon hopefully, Laptops got very expensive with the pandemic. I already tried a generic battery and that only lasted for 16 full charges, and also because of the pandemic the original battery is still not available brand new.

I know it is a normal norm for PC batteries to last between 3-4 hours of steady activities. I just hope the one I'll be buying soon last up to that, if not, it will be a complete nightmare, since we have power supply issues in my locality. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:44 PM, Justin11 said:

I know it is a normal norm for PC batteries to last between 3-4 hours of steady activities. I just hope the one I'll be buying soon last up to that, if not, it will be a complete nightmare, since we have power supply issues in my locality. 

The one that you are buying can last as much as you want. The bigger challenge is buying a PC that the accessories are available in the market. This will enable you change the battery once it gets weaker.

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

The one that you are buying can last as much as you want. The bigger challenge is buying a PC that the accessories are available in the market. This will enable you change the battery once it gets weaker.

For sure, and Lenovo laptop accessories are rampant here in my location. That's why I am confident of buying the laptop and plus it is cheaper too. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

For sure, and Lenovo laptop accessories are rampant here in my location. That's why I am confident of buying the laptop and plus it is cheaper too. 

How durable is it? Ask for friends reviews from those making use of it because even when the accessories are there in the market, I won't support buying new accessories almost every new week.