Register Now
Alexander.

Laptop users - Battery Life

On 12/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, Smokey said:

My laptop is my daily driver, the battery is internal, unfortunately, but I do try to replace my whole laptop every 3 years or so with a protection plan.  The battery in this laptop is still good though. I've only had it for just over a year and a bit, but i always keep it plugged into power anyway so it doesn't matter much.

Same - I always keep mine plugged in when I'm gaming because that's when it performs optimally. It's not very ideal to play it unplugged unless you're in a place where you just can't plug it in.

If I use a laptop, I'm usually using it plugged into the outlet. I will sometimes use my laptop unplugged, but it's rare. I mean, I sit in the same spot with it anyway, and I don't take it out of the house ever, so I don't see a point in unplugging it unless I am on the go. 

As for screen brightness, I tend to turn that down low, for one, when I do unplug it, it saves on battery life, and two, it's better on the eyes. I also use the night light mode where it turns your screen a yellow tint to help with the blue lights. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If I use a laptop, I'm usually using it plugged into the outlet. I will sometimes use my laptop unplugged, but it's rare. I mean, I sit in the same spot with it anyway, and I don't take it out of the house ever, so I don't see a point in unplugging it unless I am on the go. 

As for screen brightness, I tend to turn that down low, for one, when I do unplug it, it saves on battery life, and two, it's better on the eyes. I also use the night light mode where it turns your screen a yellow tint to help with the blue lights. 

I agree with staying plugged in most times but occasionally you need let it off the charger and let the battery completely run dry for battery health and when my laptop is unplugged, I do also turn down the screen brightness and I don't play any intensive games so that I can conserve my battery.

I try not to keep my laptop plugged in all the time. Though the one I main use now is going on three years old, and the battery life isn't that great. The battery stays good for a few hours at most if I'm not playing any games. I recently just got a new desktop and will probably end up gaming more on that then my laptop now.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:48 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I try not to keep my laptop plugged in all the time. Though the one I main use now is going on three years old, and the battery life isn't that great. The battery stays good for a few hours at most if I'm not playing any games. I recently just got a new desktop and will probably end up gaming more on that then my laptop now.

I have one that's about 3 years old as well and I've had to replace the battery recently. I mean, you can still run it without the battery by keeping your laptop plugged in (found this out a few years back), but it's really inconvenient. The only reason I haven't built a new desktop yet is due to the fact that I'm contemplating where I'm going to live.