Register Now
Alexander.

Laptop users - Battery Life

On 3/22/2022 at 6:30 AM, Knight Barida said:

How durable is it? Ask for friends reviews from those making use of it because even when the accessories are there in the market, I won't support buying new accessories almost every new week.

I can't really say, but some users said theirs have lasted more than 2 years. So, I believe it can last too, but at times some don't last, due to low quality. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I can't really say, but some users said theirs have lasted more than 2 years. So, I believe it can last too, but at times some don't last, due to low quality. 

2 years is not a good return on money spent. There are PC that last up to 5 years and still deliver once called upon. It's your decision to make in this type of situation though.

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

it can actually last longer if you use it properly, like, don't use it while charging, don't keep it plugged and many other things that can make it survive even longer 

11 hours ago, Patrik said:

it can actually last longer if you use it properly, like, don't use it while charging, don't keep it plugged and many other things that can make it survive even longer 

I see alot of users who don't care about that, they go on to use it when as it is charging. They don't care what's gonna happen to it in the near future. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see alot of users who don't care about that, they go on to use it when as it is charging. They don't care what's gonna happen to it in the near future. 

if they don't care, then they are going to face the consequences 😁

I think that the battery issue when playing games on a laptop is redundant because, at least in the case with mine, the performance takes in a big way when the laptop is unplugged. I other words, I would likely never use this to play games unless it's plugged in.

14 hours ago, Shagger said:

I think that the battery issue when playing games on a laptop is redundant because, at least in the case with mine, the performance takes in a big way when the laptop is unplugged. I other words, I would likely never use this to play games unless it's plugged in.

i had the same issue in my laptop, it actually had 2 graphic cards, one is integrated and the other is dedicated, when unplugged, the laptop switches to the integrated one to stays on for the most possible time, but it can be fixed actually from the GPU's software 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think with ASUS and MSI you wont notice much but dell, hp and few others even with good config are kind of not so good on performance.

It is hard to get a PC that can last like up to 7-8 hours of standby activities. Here in my demographic, their is lack of power supply, you don't get to enjoy your PC due to power outage. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is hard to get a PC that can last like up to 7-8 hours of standby activities. Here in my demographic, their is lack of power supply, you don't get to enjoy your PC due to power outage. 

I see in that case laptop with the power backup external is a good option. 2 hour of laptop time extra along with the power backup is a solution.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I see in that case laptop with the power backup external is a good option. 2 hour of laptop time extra along with the power backup is a solution.

Which power back up can you suggest for me buddy? At least a laptop should last for 3-4 hours at minimum for me. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think 3 hours would require proper battery and the inverter setup in that case. My recommendation was for 30 min support which often handled with small battery but 3 hours would require bigger setup.

Are you saying that some top laptops don't have the battery capacity that can last for more than 2 hours? It is okay to say that the time they stay up can reduce with days, but it is not down to 30 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Are you saying that some top laptops don't have the battery capacity that can last for more than 2 hours? It is okay to say that the time they stay up can reduce with days, but it is not down to 30 minutes. 

Yes some of the netbooks don't have like 4 hours or so type battery support. You would get around 2 hours of the backup at the most.