Register Now
Alexander.

PC Storage

There are two aspects I'd like to know about your gaming habits. Would you mind telling us how much storage you have available and how many video games are installed on the PC Drive? 1TB for me which is equivalent to 1,000GB fits the purpose for my gaming needs so consequently I have all of my computer games installed on my Laptop Drive(SSD) and backed up online just incase a file corruption occurs.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think modern games are increased in their 3D content and the voice etc. So they tend to take more space on hard disk. So 1TB is going to be new norm for those games requirement in near future. I know that in near future they may even be not sufficient. But I think in this year atleast we have enough games which can be fit into this sort of storage capacity. And it can be good enough for most of the casual gamers these days.

On my current gaming laptop, I have 128 SSD along with a 2TB hard drive for storage. My gaming desktop had a 500gb SSD with 4TB of hard drive space(R.I.P gaming desktop) - I think it is important to have a lot of storage especially if you are an avid gamer like me.

I think more space is good but my focus is always on the RAM though. I mean RAM and the graphics card is what gets me going on most of the games. Except NFS and few other games, I think space requirement is not much for me. 

58 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think more space is good but my focus is always on the RAM though. I mean RAM and the graphics card is what gets me going on most of the games. Except NFS and few other games, I think space requirement is not much for me. 

Both are equally important because you need space for your games and you need ram to run said games.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:34 AM, skyfire said:

I agree when you are not saving to the cloud then the hard disk is pretty much important. 

Even though my current cloud service is like 1 TB, I only save work files there oddly enough. I backup everything else on my SSD external drives because clouds are easier to hack and I don't like leaving my safety in the hands of some random company.

I remember hitting the 15GB capacity recently on Google drive as it was uploading my mobile images to the cloud with auto sync. And in 1 month I managed to hit the limit. So yeah I think we have to watch out with that. Auto sync maybe useful but can be bad if you are expecting bandwidth issues.