Register Now
Heatman

Betting on games

I have gambled a couple times in the past, but I've always known how to quit when I'm ahead. When I was a kid there was some neighbor kids who had a weekly tournament on Killer Instinct for SNES. The prizes were never cash, but random stuff. Things like posters, sports card packs, hats, stuff like that. It always cost $5 to enter, but that was mainly to cover the cost for the prizes. It was free to watch as a spectator. There was usually 15-20 there if you combine everyone. I played a couple times, and since at the time I royally sucked at KI, I always came in at the bottom. Either dead last or next to it.

Betting, of any kind, don't appeal to me at all (especially if they involve one of my most amusing hobbies). As much as they may sound like something innocent, I have personal reasons to hate any kind of bets.

So, it's a BIG "No" in my opinion!

Edited by Shine_Spirit

I think now cricket has started this month. My betting at the most would be on the apps and websites for the games. I don't think I'd be spending on video games for the betting. I don't see strong reason for the same. 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, skyfire said:

I think now cricket has started this month. My betting at the most would be on the apps and websites for the games. I don't think I'd be spending on video games for the betting. I don't see strong reason for the same. 

I only bet on events that I have enough knowledge of to make a sensible enough guess about the outcome. Most times, I do get it correctly even though I don't participate in gambling very often.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

I would have been willing to bet Boston had taken the cup in 5 games, but since we’re going into game 7 Wednesday, I was a bit off on that one.

If you're talking about the NBA finals it's the Toronto Raptors and Golden State Warriors are competing against each other and Game 6 is tomorrow.

Well my night was ruined. St Louis fucking slaughtered Boston.🤬 I’ve always hated the Blues, despite the fact that I’m from Missouri. And they beat Boston 4-1. I don’t have any strong feelings towards the Bruins one way or another, I just didn’t want St Louis to win. My team always has been and always will be the Detroit Red Wings. Win or lose I will NEVER abandon them. Naturally I’m bummed when we lose, but I don’t turn on my team. Our last cup was ‘08, so we’re due for another one.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:55 AM, DylanC said:

Never bet on games or sports before, personally. Kinda don't wanna get into it and hooked on it.

I have a couple times but it is just not work it at all - I mean you'll likely lose far more than you win so it's not a worthwhile activity to engage in.