Register Now
Heatman

Does gaming affects one's behavior?

There is a case that could be made about gaming addiction and to be honest, I don't believe that people can become "Toxic" from gaming. However, people can get to become quite bothersome once they reach a point where their behavior is influenced by continued exposure to the gaming medium.

AKA. Play way too much and you'll get your screws loose

1 hour ago, egghead said:

If you are mature and adult, gaming may not affect your behavior, however, gaming certainly has an adverse effect on kids and young people.  They lose interest in social interactions, they damage their eyes, and they start behaving oddly.

Same opinion here, it will be ridiculous for an adult to be affected by Videogames, but for kids yes videogames can harm their personalities if there is no limit for gaming, for example my cousins will freakout if they cannot play videogames after school or if they are denied access to tablets or phones, their performance on school is also very poor since they spent most of their time gaming or on the internet, thats bad parenting.

As kid I also threw tantrums if I wasnt allowed to play videogames, but my parents where strict which was good. Also my mom threw my N64 through the balcony one time so from that day on I learned to behave myself.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Same opinion here, it will be ridiculous for an adult to be affected by Videogames, but for kids yes videogames can harm their personalities if there is no limit for gaming, for example my cousins will freakout if they cannot play videogames after school or if they are denied access to tablets or phones, their performance on school is also very poor since they spent most of their time gaming or on the internet, thats bad parenting.

As kid I also threw tantrums if I wasnt allowed to play videogames, but my parents where strict which was good. Also my mom threw my N64 through the balcony one time so from that day on I learned to behave myself.

lol. My parents just hid my consoles somewhere until I behaved myself - I can just imagine how it felt to see your N64 plunging to its destruction and there is nothing you could do. 😭

The human mind reacts and adjusts to whatever its fed. So, if you drown it in games, there is every possibility of games rubbing off its effects on the mind and what affects the mind also affects the body and physical behavior. 

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I have seen kids imitating a fight after playing fighting games.  Kids cannot differentiate between facts and fictions, illusion and reality, therefore, video games can easily harm them if these games are violent. Some adults might also get affected, however, these are basically the people who have something wrong in their brain. 

2 hours ago, egghead said:

I have seen kids imitating a fight after playing fighting games.  Kids cannot differentiate between facts and fictions, illusion and reality, therefore, video games can easily harm them if these games are violent. Some adults might also get affected, however, these are basically the people who have something wrong in their brain. 

This is absolutely true. Kids are the most vulnerable ones to gaming effects because they are too innocent to understand the difference between fiction and real life. They assume such gaming characters are even real somewhere in the world and they believe in them. This impacts on their psychological behavior in a very big way. 

16 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

This is absolutely true. Kids are the most vulnerable ones to gaming effects because they are too innocent to understand the difference between fiction and real life. They assume such gaming characters are even real somewhere in the world and they believe in them. This impacts on their psychological behavior in a very big way. 

Not always true, It depends on the parenting as well. I and many other kids growing up played Mortal Kombat, GTA and many other gruesome and violent games and it never really affected my behavior because my parents as well we as others pointed out the difference between right and wrong. The problem with this generation is that some of these parents lack any type of parenting skills and it has a huge impact on what the child will come to accept as the norm.

20 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

Seriously, I don't leave my kids exposed to having to play games too much because I'm well aware of its bad side effects on the long run. 

The earlier you control them, the better for you before they are too hooked up and unable to be controlled. 

Yes gaming does have an impact on the peoples mind. People who play gaming tend to have aggression and also mellow tantrums from time to time. Most of the new age generation was brainwashed through gaming and anime community. And from there onwards the community turned out their social justice views on the politicians, that's how last 5 years it changed the world.