Register Now
Heatman

Does gaming affects one's behavior?

19 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I'm aware of it. But I still keep my opinion: the games aren't the guilty ones (not only buy themselves) here.

It's a really complicated discussion, I know that. However, I don't think games have all THAT dangerous / lethal power (although some of them aren't really so good for some specific public). 

Alright. I respect your opinion then. So there is no need dragging it much more. It's left for all of us to have in mind whatever we do tend to have its effects either positive or negative on us. 

The thing is gaming being thing like addiction. It is often not in our hands to control that behavior. It's same as the alcohol and the other addictions. Once it goes out of head, it just becomes habit. And all that we can do about it is work on the habits that keeps us away from the gaming. I know controlled gaming is lot better than anything from what I have seen so far. 

On 2/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, Anachiwo said:

Take for instance, gaming helps people who are in some kind of bored situation. So, it does affect one's situation at any point in time. But what matters is how it's used to impact on one's life. 

Yes small boredom is okay to adjust but big impact on the life can be bad. And the thing is that gamers may not be bad. But games can be bad and have some sort of the psychological consequences. Many people tend to ignore that basic point. Because they think that it is upto us to adjust but addiction does not work like that. 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, skyfire said:

Yes small boredom is okay to adjust but big impact on the life can be bad. And the thing is that gamers may not be bad. But games can be bad and have some sort of the psychological consequences. Many people tend to ignore that basic point. Because they think that it is upto us to adjust but addiction does not work like that. 

A good number of people today are chronic introverts simply because of getting too drifted into fantasy game world and spilling far away from reality. This is a very big problem that is associated with game addiction. 

On 2/16/2019 at 5:27 AM, Heatman said:

It's how you play games and get yourself consumed by it that determines how it affects you in positive or negative manner. 

Exactly, what you give prominence takes its hold on you. If you give into playing games too much, it's definitely going to affect you in a way that wouldn't be so good. 

Everything we do affects us in one way or another. So, does gaming especially when it's played in excess. I have seen some people who games have affected in such a way that they became aggressive. 

I think people who are addicted to gaming tend to have effects on the family. And their careers and the overall family experience gets affected from what I have seen so far. It can get pretty difficult as well. In that context you may notice that there is always going to be difference in opinion. So I think gaming has impact on many people so we have to be pretty careful about things. 

On 2/9/2019 at 5:26 AM, killamch89 said:

As a kid, it's almost like that time they told you Santa Claus didn't exist - the disbelief, the shock...

Haha, it's just cooked up Fantasy stories used to add happiness in the lives of kids. How about the tooth fairy? Can still remember my son keeping his fallen tooth for the tooth fairy to come pick it up. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, Patrik said:

(in my case) I can confirm that online gaming made me get annoyed/angry quicker than i used to, thanks to the toxic kids & cheaters, but i learned how to get over that by ignoring them 

Same here. As a matter of fact, those are the people I troll the most just to give them a taste of their own medicine. Even worse, when they get banned or suspended, I keep trolling them until they rage quit.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:27 PM, Patrik said:

(in my case) I can confirm that online gaming made me get annoyed/angry quicker than i used to, thanks to the toxic kids & cheaters, but i learned how to get over that by ignoring them 

That is kind of effect of most of the internet. not just games. staying too much reading online or staying too much chatting and also staying too much online make you hate real life people and incident. 

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

That is kind of effect of most of the internet. not just games. staying too much reading online or staying too much chatting and also staying too much online make you hate real life people and incident. 

You only have to look as far as social media to understand why most people are turned off by online interactions especially nowadays.