Register Now
kingpotato

Upcoming 2019 games that might flop

Today I read a post about games coming up this year that might not live up to the expectation, some of them are: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen order, Days gone, Anthem, Death Stranding, Crackdown 3 and Far Cry: New Dawn.
Me personally I am looking forward for a good Starwars game, sadly EA hasnt delivered and also I had my hopes for Death Stranding since its being designed by Hideo Kojima but upon doing a quick search I found out that there is not a lot of gameplay footage for it.
Are you looking forward for any of these games or do you think that they will disappoint ?

You can count far cry and crackdown at the top. They are going to fail. I got totally bored after seeing their gameplay pre launch. I think It can get pretty bad in case of the far cry especially. I also think star wars is going to fail. However I have seen the pre beta gameplay of the days gone. And honestly that is one good game worth checking out.I don't see it is going to fall from what I have seen. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

You can count far cry and crackdown at the top. They are going to fail. I got totally bored after seeing their gameplay pre launch. I think It can get pretty bad in case of the far cry especially. I also think star wars is going to fail. However I have seen the pre beta gameplay of the days gone. And honestly that is one good game worth checking out.I don't see it is going to fall from what I have seen. 

Crackdown already failed, Far Cry: New Dawn is having some good reviews but most will agree that its to similar to Far Cry 5. I do have high hopes for Days gone, I own a PS4 and I will always prefer a single player experience.

13 hours ago, DylanC said:

I think Anthem’s gonna flop hard. From what I’ve seen it looks very milquetoast and lacks Bioware’s signature RPG heart. I hope I’m wrong and it does well, though. I never *want* a game to fail.

Yes Anthem is having a rough start but the same happened to Destiny and its a very solid game nowadays lets hope the same happens for Anthem. 

On 2/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, DylanC said:

I think Anthem’s gonna flop hard. From what I’ve seen it looks very milquetoast and lacks Bioware’s signature RPG heart. I hope I’m wrong and it does well, though. I never *want* a game to fail.

OH SHIT. I didn't expect that from @DylanC but he's laying the waste HAAAARD.

But I think it's clear that none of us want any game to fail. However, success is built from the failure of others.

Anthem is going pretty well in terms of revenue though. Not sure how that will fail in such case. I have noticed far cry new dawn to be having bad reviews but then again overall race of revenue, anthem is likely to go ahead with apex legends and metro exodus. Apart from days gone, there is resident evil 2 remake that has made some good money. And few more coming this April so we will see.