Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are games too repetitious?

I often am not really overtly aware of how repetitious most games are until I really think about it, but they do for the most part entail doing the same actions on repeat, more or less. 

That being the case, do you think games are annoyingly repetitious and wish there were more variation in what you can do in them? Or do you find the repetitious nature of games soothing and relaxing?

I think I lean more toward the latter, but sometimes I do wish for more variety.

I think this could be answered for each game individually better than a general statement.

For instance I find it really enjoyable and relaxing to level up through the same stuff over and over in World of Warcraft. However, I don't like doing 100 repetitive copy/paste useless side quests in my single player RPGs. 

I have left playing so many games just because of repetition. I used to play Temple Run a lot, however, later I got bored because the game took me nowhere. Whenever I failed, I had to start from the first level. Some games are also repetition of other popular games, which I always avoid playing.

The thing is, everyone who were born in 90' and has grown up until this day probably experienced the best games out there in 2000. Modern one's cant match them, no matter the graphics. They're simply becoming too boring and copy their previous one's.

I think a lot of gaming companies follow a pattern where they check out the trends. For example battle royale trend is going on. So every gaming company comes up with a way to release such game. Then that trend becomes saturated. And then they move onto another game. This way the games become too much repeated. And there is nothing we can do on that front if you ask me.