Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
skyfire

Price vs Value of Games?

Recommended Posts

These days many games are nothing but the reboot of the old games. Or they are still offering the old 2D platformers with variation in stories. But the reality is that these games are not offering anything new. So the price that we pay for such games is not justified at all. For example many games which look like 90s graphics are being sold above 10 dollars or so. And it is not worth that much price. And if we play such games we realize that it is not worth that much price. 

What do you think of the price vs value offered by the games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,  have not bought a lot of games, however, when I am buying the game, I first play the trial version and decide to buy only when I like the game. The value of the game is very important. I always compare with the price viz a viz   with the value. I don't buy any games just because they are cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality, compared to general inflation and compared to the cost of making a modern commercial game, video games are the cheapest they’ve ever been. That said, you can still buy a “turkey” or a “bad game” for full price and feel like you got swindled. But games are much more complicated to make and are generally designed to be time-sinks these days. I think overall gaming offers tremendous bang for your buck entertainment-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree that games are complicated and require time and so they are priced that way. But I have seen that often the games on the steam and humble bundle are poorly priced. Like some games which are 2D platformer cost 9 dollar. I can't see the logical reason behind that sort of the pricing. I mean there are many other better games at that price point. So it does not make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, based on my knowledge, but I'm not really hip to what's going on - games are worth the price.  I mean, it's not a free lunch!  Whose going to pay the programmers, artists, and vendors?

Anyway, I feel some sadness for people in poor nations who cannot afford games - but really, a person in the UK, US or something, can easily afford a game - probably even a 10-year-old.  I mean he/she can probably just ask for their birthday or sell lemonade, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jayson said:

Anyway, I feel some sadness for people in poor nations who cannot afford games - but really, a person in the UK, US or something, can easily afford a game - probably even a 10-year-old.  I mean he/she can probably just ask for their birthday or sell lemonade, lol.

I don't think kids in US, UK or any first world country can afford 9.95$ games every week as they release. I am sure even the parents in those nations can be allowing those games on limited basis per month or say based on birthdays. I hardly doubt about it. I personally think that some games can be pretty expensive for all people around the world at that cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 11:09 PM, skyfire said:

I don't think kids in US, UK or any first world country can afford 9.95$ games every week as they release. I am sure even the parents in those nations can be allowing those games on limited basis per month or say based on birthdays. I hardly doubt about it. I personally think that some games can be pretty expensive for all people around the world at that cost. 

Games are never $9.95 as they release - that I know of.  I would think typical games are in the $60.00 range - or at least $30 one.  Anyway, $9.95 is still a lot in most of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jayson said:

Games are never $9.95 as they release - that I know of.  I would think typical games are in the $60.00 range - or at least $30 one.  Anyway, $9.95 is still a lot in most of the world.

Games in Humble bundle, steam in tower defense and the scrolling platform category definitely have low cost of 9.95$ or even the android ones. The one you are referring to are popular FPS and other premium games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...