Register Now
Alexander.

What's your favorite fighting class: warrior or mage

I'm talking about the game, Skyrim. As soon as you start the walkthrough, you have an immediate decision to make, what are you going to train in most:  Spells or Fighting ? What did you choose as your class and why? My chosen class is Warrior as it's more realistic for survival than using Magic to Kill your enemy. 

On 2/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, kingpotato said:

I played all 3 classes , the one I enjoy the most is Warrior double handed with Heavy armor. The best race for me is Breton since resistance to magic attacks is really important early in the game.

I always go double-handed on Warrior classes with light armor. I prefer the faster movement with the blades and the armor. It’s interesting to me you pair up double-handed with heavy armor for that reason.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I always go double-handed on Warrior classes with light armor. I prefer the faster movement with the blades and the armor. It’s interesting to me you pair up double-handed with heavy armor for that reason.

I'm not really fond of light armor, I guess I'm very bad at the game since I always try to invest more on defensive armor.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'm not really fond of light armor, I guess I'm very bad at the game since I always try to invest more on defensive armor.

I don't see how that makes you "bad" at the game--you just prefer a different strategy. I could say the same about my preference for light armor. After all, heavy armor makes me slow, and my reflexes are already slow, so combined ... well, I die a lot. Thus I pick the light armor.

@LadyDay Curious about your response to this thread! Which class do you usually prefer?

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

yDay Curious about your response to this thread! Which class do you usually prefer?

I'm a tank! I use heavy armor and two handed weapons. I activate the Steed Stone so the armor doesn't weigh anything. And then I just run into fights head first like a brute. I need to practice more with bows. Currently my character is decked out in Daedric armor, with a Daedric greatsword. I feel so cool!

I've just started having a mage follower (J'Zargo. He's awesome!), which is a perfect combo with myself. Before I had a dude (Vilkas from the Companions) who was also in heavy armor and two handed sword, that worked too, but not as effectively, we were too similar.  

13 hours ago, LadyDay said:

I'm a tank! I use heavy armor and two handed weapons. I activate the Steed Stone so the armor doesn't weigh anything. And then I just run into fights head first like a brute. I need to practice more with bows. Currently my character is decked out in Daedric armor, with a Daedric greatsword. I feel so cool!

I've just started having a mage follower (J'Zargo. He's awesome!), which is a perfect combo with myself. Before I had a dude (Vilkas from the Companions) who was also in heavy armor and two handed sword, that worked too, but not as effectively, we were too similar.  

I also tend to be a melee fighter, and likewise pair well with a ranged fighter (another melee fighter just tends to get in the way).

I am so bad with the bow and arrow, lol. Have you found the gal up in the mountains who gives you practice arrows?

I love the Daedric armor. It’s so gorgeous! I levelled up smithing so I can make it for all my followers =D I wear the Forsworn armor you can win as a quest reward.

Anyway, what’s funny is that in Fallout, I usually am a sniper, and stay as far away from melee combat as I can. The VATS system makes it so easy. And if you pair up with another sniper (like Boone in NV), you can pick off a lot of enemies before they ever get near you.

10 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I often skew towards a “Jack of All trades, master of none” build. Essentially, I like to cast spells, wear heavy armour and wield deadly swords... whatever class that is, that’s the one I want, lol.

Are you more of a warrior mage, or a magic-wielding warrior?

Jack of All Trades = my class in real life, I think 😉 But I wouldn't say master of none ... more like master at systemizing.

3 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Are you more of a warrior mage, or a magic-wielding warrior?

Jack of All Trades = my class in real life, I think 😉 But I wouldn't say master of none ... more like master at systemizing.

Probably more of a magic-wielding warrior. I do like being able to use a sword effectively when I’m in a bind.

Haha, I can empathise with that latter statement, lol.