Register Now
Alexander.

Have you ever played a video game in an arcade?

Yes. Tekken. Arcades are popular in shopping malls here in Malaysia, but they all consist of dumb shooter games, basketball throws and etc. The only proper game is Tekken which surprisingly is Tekken 7. I play it all the time when I visit the arcade (I'm a Tekken fan you see). I agree with the part about the prices though, bloody expensive sometimes I feel like it's not worth it but when I'm out with my gf, I don't mind the money I spent.

Aw, I love the arcades from back in the day. A few lightgun games like House Of The Dead, Aliens: The Gun, Virtua Cop and Area 51 were particular highlights from my youth. Also enjoyed Outrun, Metal Slug and Street Fighter 2. Those were the days!

Edited by DylanC

I have a lot of arcade memories. Like I have played the games like street fighter, mortal kombat and few others. Like say mario, sonic and few others. Lot of those games were good. But it can be pretty hard to be up with the addiction. I also bring on the emulator these days and try to find the games that I used to play on the arcade. It is fun indeed on that note. 

I used to go to the arcade a lot when I was younger. I remember being ranked #6 on Soul Caliber 2 out of the top 100, and that machine was always packed. I also played a lot of Silent Scope. One of the best sniper games I ever saw. Then there was one that I really enjoyed but just didn't seem to take off for some reason. It was Dance Maniax. Similar to DDR, but with this one you use your hands instead of your feet. I loved it. I sucked hard, but I still loved it. Then there's the classic that I've never heard ANYONE complain about.

Skeeball.

I don't have any arcade shops in my town, but on trips there were places with huge arcade setups that I managed to have sometime playing. They were great and I can see why they were a big boom back in the day. Sadly though these days my quarters are spent on laundry.

At this point, I doubt any country would have any active arcade shops. Because world has gone so much ahead that even the african jungles have telecom range now. So I don't think arcade machines have any existence left these days. 

There's 2 arcades here in my town, and both are always swamped. One is in the mall, and the other is downtown. It's loads of fun, and brings back so much nostalgia for those of us from the older generation.

I pop in and play every once in a while, and since I'm only interested in playing, I always give my tickets to one of the little kids in there. I don't need or want them, but the kids do. So why waste them?

Edited by The Blackangel

This was me all the freaking time when I was a kid and young adult. We still have some arcade machines and such nowadays because they never really truly died in Mexico. However, a lot of them have modified versions of games like King of Fighters 2002. So I basically gave up on them.