Register Now
UleTheVee

Let's start Discussing About Ethics in Gaming Journalism

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's true the media is full of blatant propaganda and bias nowadays. To find the truth, you have to do tonnes of research and reading between the lines. Media was and is used as a means to manipulate the masses - especially the bigger media companies.

That's usually what I do.

Even while the extent of my reseearch is limited to the INternet and not even going to the corporations.

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

That's usually what I do.

Even while the extent of my reseearch is limited to the INternet and not even going to the corporations.

@UleTheVee if you dont mind me asking, Do you publish your reviews on a specific website or on what platform do you publish your work ? 
And I believe you mentioned that you to have a sponsor , have you received any kind of backlash due to a criticism of a game or company ?
I apologize in advance if I got the wrong idea about the topic,  I just got curious about your work since I got the impression that is not like many other gaming journalist that do their reviews and comments based on the check they receive.

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

@UleTheVee if you dont mind me asking, Do you publish your reviews on a specific website or on what platform do you publish your work ? 
And I believe you mentioned that you to have a sponsor , have you received any kind of backlash due to a criticism of a game or company ?
I apologize in advance if I got the wrong idea about the topic,  I just got curious about your work since I got the impression that is not like many other gaming journalist that do their reviews and comments based on the check they receive.

I never said that I have a sponsorship. So you must've misinterpreted my message. I said that I don't really care about sponsored content or having sponsorships / ads- Everyone's gotta pay the bills somehow.

Well, I work for VGR for one. So you can literally go to the website this forum has and get your daily dose of news from not just me but other journalists who have the same integrity I do.

BUT if you want to see what I especifically do. You can check my muckrack profile right here.

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I never said that I have a sponsorship. So you must've misinterpreted my message. I said that I don't really care about sponsored content or having sponsorships / ads- Everyone's gotta pay the bills somehow.

Well, I work for VGR for one. So you can literally go to the website this forum has and get your daily dose of news from not just me but other journalists who have the same integrity I do.

BUT if you want to see what I especifically do. You can check my muckrack profile right here.

Oh okay I didnt know that you worked on VGR, guess I havent paid attention to the authors in the articles, Thanks for the info, I was curious about your work.

17 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Oh okay I didnt know that you worked on VGR, guess I havent paid attention to the authors in the articles, Thanks for the info, I was curious about your work.

Don't worry, I will be happy to answer all of your questions as we go along. I want to at least make sure that you can trust me as a journalist.

I was recently checking out one Gaming news site named "Polygon". It was one of the pretty bad sites out there. And those sites had pretty disturbed views with their SJW journalism. I kind of hated being there and reading all of that. I don;t know how the gaming companies can even afford to have such SJW extremist news and content to support it? I have no idea where things would be with that. 

On 2/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, skyfire said:

I was recently checking out one Gaming news site named "Polygon". It was one of the pretty bad sites out there. And those sites had pretty disturbed views with their SJW journalism. I kind of hated being there and reading all of that. I don;t know how the gaming companies can even afford to have such SJW extremist news and content to support it? I have no idea where things would be with that. 

The problem there is that many companies only care about clicks. Sadly, a lot of people love to have this sort of clout and gossip and tend to bring the clicks in. This is the ultimate way of clickbait that exists and sadly, it's going to become worse as we go on.

Of course, as people have probably noted on here, journalists could be induced to lie for money.  Of course, someone somewhere wants a "fake endorsement" to increase sales - so how is gaming journalism trying to fight the situation?    Any ideas?   Well, accepting no commercials is one way (for the gaming blog/forum) - but those places might find it tough to get "paid viewers" (of the blog/forum).

Edited by Jayson

On 3/19/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jayson said:

Of course, as people have probably noted on here, journalists could be induced to lie for money.  Of course, someone somewhere wants a "fake endorsement" to increase sales - so how is gaming journalism trying to fight the situation?    Any ideas?   Well, accepting no commercials is one way (for the gaming blog/forum) - but those places might find it tough to get "paid viewers" (of the blog/forum).

I won't pretend to know the answer because I am just focusing on the writing aspect of journalism. I just am here to do writing and get it done quick enough to get a good paycheck.

Like I saidbefore, this sadly comes from the whole "What do people really want to see?" side of the argument. People LOVE inflammatory posts and content and they usually want to see something that cuases it. Therefore, those outlets tend to provide all sorts of outrage.