Register Now
kingpotato

Horizon Zero Dawn

Loving the look of Forbidden West from the gameplay videos I have seen so I finally started playing Horizon Zero Dawn recently. I waiting for the PS5 60FPS update because when I tried it earlier, it just felt wrong on the PS5. I'm really liking it so far and I'm playing it on the normal difficulty so that it's enjoyable and not too hard.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Can someone tell me what is going on in this video? It's kinda funny and awkward. She's the actress for Aloy; I think. Definitely looks like Aloy. I can't tell if it's a joke or if the guy is trying to flirt. LOL

Well, the first thing I will point out is that woman is NOT the actress who plays Aloy. The real actress is Ashley Burch.

image-asset.thumb.png.45d1df38217af8699f63999ecdab6195.png

I suppose it is possible that that woman did the voice over in some other language, but It's hard to tell.

As for @kingpotato's original post, mastering this game, especially on ultra hard, it's all about using not just the right weapons and armour for the given situation. but also using the best weapons, armour and strategy's to compliment your own play style.

41 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

It bears similar name to Horizon Forbidden West game, I believe too the gameplay gonna be same? I am yet to play any of them, but seeing Horizon Forbidden West's trailers made me believe in what the game can offer. 

You do understand that Horizon Zero dawn was the first game and Forbidden west is the sequel right ?

36 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Well, the first thing I will point out is that woman is NOT the actress who plays Aloy. The real actress is Ashley Burch.

image-asset.thumb.png.45d1df38217af8699f63999ecdab6195.png

I suppose it is possible that that woman did the voice over in some other language, but It's hard to tell.

As for @kingpotato's original post, mastering this game, especially on ultra hard, it's all about using not just the right weapons and armour for the given situation. but also using the best weapons, armour and strategy's to compliment your own play style.

I gotcha; Hannah Hoekstra is a model for Aloy then? Because there are some clear similarities in appearance. Ashley Burch is voice actress, model is Hannah Hoekstra? At least in the face it looks like. 

34 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I gotcha; Hannah Hoekstra is a model for Aloy then? Because there are some clear similarities in appearance. Ashley Burch is voice actress, model is Hannah Hoekstra? At least in the face it looks like. 

Apparently, that seems to b the case. Because they used facial capture on the actors, I assumed that, at least structurally, the face would be based on Ashley as well, but obviously not. Strange, and maybe it's just me, I don't feel Hannah actually looks that much like Aloy, so I would never have guessed

I played in normal difficulty up to a certain point and then @Shagger showed me the game has a photo mode so I started all over on easy mode where you can kill a machine with one hit. Easy mode was fun giving me emphasis to enjoy doing what I want w/o worries. But once I reached the point I left off I continued in normal mode with that save. And I'm glad I went back exploring photo mode. I can't game w/o it now. Normal mode is difficult enough for me. 

I have already finish the game in ultra hard with new game+ and I have to say it was quite the challenge, I had to rely more stealth attacks and I had to mas the art of dodging and running xD Most of the times I just use the quick bow, rather than using other of the weapons unless necessary

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You do understand that Horizon Zero dawn was the first game and Forbidden west is the sequel right ?

I never knew about that buddy. Now I got it, and I'm pleased to have known it from you. I won't go for the first one, because the sequel is already trending. 

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I never knew about that buddy. Now I got it, and I'm pleased to have known it from you. I won't go for the first one, because the sequel is already trending. 

Well you shouldnt skip the first one, otherwise you are not going to understand the story of the sequel. Dont skip the first the game just because the sequel is trending thats not smart.

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

@kingpotato is right, the second game gives a basic rundown of the events in the first one but the experience is far better playing for yourself.

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well you shouldnt skip the first one, otherwise you are not going to understand the story of the sequel. Dont skip the first the game just because the sequel is trending thats not smart.

Right, I wouldn't skip the first one. I know the sequel is out of reach for me due to console downgrade. Is the first one playable on PS3? 

By next 2-3 months my PS4 or gaming PC should be ready by then. 

5 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

@kingpotato is right, the second game gives a basic rundown of the events in the first one but the experience is far better playing for yourself.

Yes, I've noted his words, and I wouldn't skip from playing the first one instead of jumping it just to start over with the sequel.