Register Now
CruiserX

Do you prefer to grind or to cheat?

Let's say you're playing a super lengthy game, something like The Witcher. We all come to a point where we get low on resources to upgrade our items and etc. Do you prefer to grind for hours to get that amount of loot you're aiming for or would you prefer to cheat your way through by making use of a glitch or use a software tool like cheat engine when on PC? I admit I have cheated before when I couldn't be bothered doing the same thing over and over again but nowadays I don't do it anymore, I just grind and explore the world as it is meant to be played.

9 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Personally, I can't stand cheating. I can see the allure, sure, but it just takes away any satisfaction from dominating a game using its own systems against it. I'm all about grinding, though. I find grinding - when done well - to be quite meditative.

I agree completely. I love the challenge of seeing your character slowly becoming more powerful to the point they are unstoppable.

Just now, killamch89 said:

I agree completely. I love the challenge of seeing your character slowly becoming more powerful to the point they are unstoppable.

100% this ^ 

I love coming back and re-visiting enemies that I found tough in the early game and splatting 'em like flies. I find it super cathartic.

1 minute ago, DylanC said:

100% this ^ 

I love coming back and re-visiting enemies that I found tough in the early game and splatting 'em like flies. I find it super cathartic.

Cheating is a dead last resort and I only use it for game-breaking bugs/glitches that'd be impossible to overcome by natural means.

I think cheats are made for those game testers who just want to move ahead in the game. I'd say that cheats are to be used only by those who are often stuck into the game. I know many streamers also make use of the cheats too. But they are doing this for demonstrating the game. So I won't hold much against them. One should be avoiding the cheating in multiplayer games too.